Pray For A Girl

Rahiel POV-

"Why you looking at me so mean?" Auggie chucked at my mean mug

"Why you looking at me so mean?" Auggie chucked at my mean mug. He had his arm wrapped around my chair. We were waiting for his mother at Papadeaux's, a seafood resturant. He had let her use his car, and we rode together.

"Because if she say the wrong thing to me, I'm going off and not caring. That's her problem, nobody has told her about herself."

"Damn baby can you calm down. She not even here yet."

"But I already feel like it's going to be some bullshit." I drank a sip of my water.

Auggie sighed. "Ra it's not going to be none of that. I promise. Ma is cool. We gon have a good dinner and y'all gon end up being cool. I just know it."

I rolled my eyes. Let her say the wrong thing to me.

"Ra look at me baby." Auggie asked me.

I sighed and looked at him.

"This is important to me. You and my mother are the biggest chunks of my heart and I'm not going to be able to rest until I know y'all good. I'm not saying y'all have to be bestfriends, but I do want y'all to be cool. For Na sake and for baby Amb sake."

I cut my eyes at him.

"I'm joking." He laughed.

I was not naming my baby after her ass.

"Can you smile please . Damn and stop mugging. You making me have flashbacks to when I almost lost you. Like I'm fucking up again." Auggie kissed my cheek as I got a sip of water. "Can I get a kiss on the lips?"

I turned my face to him and he double pecked my lips. "Love you." He said.

"I'mma reserve my love you until after this dinner." I looked at my phone.

He kissed his teeth.

"Sorry I'm late guys. I had to file some documents for Cals case at the courthouse." His mother came to the table.

"It's cool." Auggie got up and pulled out her chair. She sat down. Auggie sat back down next to me.

Auggie cleared his throat. " I guess we can order now. Ma, Ra, y'all get what y'all want."

"Thank you baby." She told him. "How are you Rahiel?" She looked at me.

"I'm fine." I kept it short and looked at my menu. I wasn't trusting this lady who called me trash and was negative about my daugther.

"I almost forgot. I got these for you." His mother got a boquet of roses out of her bag and handed them to me. I cautiously took them. "That's to let you know, I am not here to cause drama. I simply want to know the woman my son loves so much."

"I apperciate it."

Auggie elbowed me softly, while smiling to tell me "I told you so."

I gave him a look like this is only the beginning. Don't be so confident. This could go left at any moment.