What I Imagined

Auggie POV-

"You don't want a chair?"

"Uh-uh." Na-Na shook her head as she sat on my lap. The family was seated at the dinner table.

My Uncle Boobie, My Aunt Stac, Ra was beside me, Callie, Miri and my mom and dad had chairs reserved for them at opposite ends of the table. They were in the kitchen preparing to bring the food to us.

I hadn't seen either of them. Miri opened the door with his key, and we went straight to the table.

"How you been nephew?" My Uncle Boobie aka Travis asked me.

"Good." I gave a slight smile.

"As good as that 1.8 gpa?" He eyed me. "Hell. Miri dumb and he can do that."

I chuckled.

"Unc don't get me started on that ball spot emerging in the middle of your head." Miri clapped back.

They always joked back and forth.

"Wow well you know what since you want to disrespect me, I'll just take the money I had for your graduation gift and join men's hair club."

We all laughed. Even Rahiel who had been quiet except when Aunt Stac and uncle  Boobie spoke to her.

"Aww Unc I'm joking. Your hair is...somewhere. Not on your head but somewhere."

"Y'all quit." Aunt Stac shook her head smirking, drinking some of her wine.

"What's up with that tho Auggie? I know you a smart boy." He looked at me serious.

"Just going through some things. I'm good now."

"Well next time when you go through some things call me. Talk to your Unc. I mean you ain't my Booty-Doo (talking about Sata. He called her that from childhood.) but I love you too."

"I appreciate that Unc." I smirked.

"Rahiel. You from DC?" My Aunt Stac asked.

"Baltimore. But yeah moved to DC."

"For school?"

"Uhh...nah just my friend moved up there and I moved with her. I was staying with her at the time."

"Oh okay." My Aunt shook her head she understood.

"You go to Howard?" My Unc asked.

"Uh...no. I went to Dudleys. It's a cosmetology school."

"Oh so you do hair?" My Aunt asked.

"Yeah." Ra was getting nervous from the questions.

"You do natural hair?" My Aunt Stac asked.

"Yup. Just about any type of hair."

"Well good. Callie has someone to go to. Hopefully you can tame the beast that is her bird's nest." Aunt Stac pointing to Callie's hair.

"Oh of course I got her." Ra smiled at Callie.

"And your daughter is absolutely adorable by the way." My Aunt Stac said.

"Thank you." Ra smiled.

"Makes me want to have another."

"We can go in the bathroom and start right now." My Unc teased.

"Yuck dad." Callie said disgusted.