Love It Out Of You

Callie POV-

I rang Quincy's apartment doorbell and waited for him to answer

I heard barking and movement behind the door.

"Who is it?" He asked.

The barking grew louder.

"Callie."

I heard the locks being taken off and when he opened the door a huge dog attacked me with love and licks.

I laughed uncontrollably as the dog continued to lick me like we were old friends.

"That's enough Marty." Quincy grabbed him by his collar to get down.

He then turned to Quincy and did the same thing.

"For some reason he things he's as tiny as a chihuahua

"For some reason he things he's as tiny as a chihuahua." Quincy said irritated.

"Alright Marty. Time for you to go in the room." He grabbed his collar and directed him to a room and closed the door.

I closed his front door.

"New dog?" I asked still smiling. I loved animals.

"Nah, that's my moms. She's in Seattle for the rest of the week. And asked if I could watch him." He said with no particular expression.

"Well he's adorable." My smile faded as I cleared my throat.

We stood there for a minute in awkward silence.

"I came to apologize." I broke the silence. "I overreacted. You helped me at my lowest. You encouraged me to keep my faith. I just..." My words were interrupted by Quincy's soft lips against mine.

He softly grabbed the sides of my face and stared in my eyes. "I'mma love it out of you Cal. Every fear. Every doubt. Every bad memory. I'm here to love you until its gone." He said so lovingly and reassuringly.

The tears spilled from eyes. He wiped them away, kissed my forehead and hugged me.

"I'm just waiting until you ready, and when you are I'll be here." He told me.

I shook my head and I understood, as he continued to hug me. His arms is where I felt so safe. And I realized Ra was right. If he was a good man he would wait, and I trusted he would.

Amber POV-

"If you need me baby let me know." Aug said as I leaned over to peck his lips before I got out the car.

"I will babe." I grabbed my purse and got out the car.

I went back up the same steps to Tameka Shaw's house.

Before I could knock, the door opened and the baby she was holding before greeted me. He smiled a huge smile.

"Hey man." I knelt down to him. Tameka standing behind him.

"Hey man." I smiled a huge smile and touched his nose. He laughed with excitement.

He reached for me to pick him up.

"May I?" I asked Tameka.

"I guess." She said with no particular expression.

I picked him up and he hugged me.

"Aww he's so sweet." I chuckled.

Tameka ushered me inside. I walked in and found disturbing conditions.

Clothes everywhere. Toys. Paint peeling. The ceiling showed through the plaster.

The house needed major work.

"You can have a seat." She said.

I reluctantly sat in a chair by the sofa.

"What did you want?" She took the baby from me and sat on the sofa.

"First thanks for calling me. Me and my husband were about to leave, South Carolina when you called. What made you change your mind?"

"I researched you. Plus, I know your son August. We had some classes together Sophomore year. He was always nice to me."

"I'm glad to hear that. That's how I raised him."

"I didn't see him too much junior year. I always wondered if he transferred."

"No he was going through his own issues." I rolled my eyes at the fact he dropped out a semester for his girlfriend, but I'mma leave the past there.

"But to you sweetie, I heard they kicked you out of Howard?"

"They did. They thought I was defaming their beloved Prof. Jordan. Had a semester and year to go. I had dreams of being a pharmacist. Buy a new house. Get my family out of this hell hole. But no, I got raped. Expelled. And pregnant."

"The baby is his?" I said horrified.

"Yup. My thank you for being raped."

"Tameka I need you to come  back to DC. You will be an integral witness in this case."

"I don't want to go back there! And I especially don't want to see his face. That entire school humiliated me and made me seem like a liar, when that...that bitch took everything from me." She yelled and  brokedown.

Which caused the baby to cry.

"Aww precious." I held her and rubbed her back. And trying to calm the baby too.

"That's why we need you Tameka. So you can finally tell your story. The real truth. And get back everything he stole. It doesn't have to be an education at Howard. But I promise if you help me out, I will get you a full scholarship to finish wherever you want to. You can still achieve those dreams. Get you some place nice to live for you and the baby." I smiled.

She sat up and wiped her eyes.

"I can help you Tameka. Just help me." I held out my hand for her to take.

She looked at it for a minute. Then put her hand in mine. I  held it tightly.