Letters!

"C'mon Haze, get up.."

I felt soft fingers moving through my hair. Mumbling foolishly, I nuzzled closer to the hand and tried to sleep again.

"No, don't be such a baby. Wake up now. It's already too late."

I heard the final declaration in a polite tone and resigned to it.
Opening my eyes, I smiled.

"Oh mom, it was such a beautiful dream..." I whispered drowsily.

"It's just because I wish you sweet dreams." she winked and we both laughed.

There are teenagers all over the world who hate physical show of love and affection by their parents but I'm not one of 'em. For me, my mom is everything. I love the way she wakes me up in the mornings. She's the sweetest person I've ever known. She has brought me up alone. My father died in a car accident when I was two. And from that day on, she has struggled alone. For me. I owe her. I love her.

Later, on the breakfast table, she said, "I'd be late tonight. Honey, would you be okay?"

"Yeah mom, sure. I'd miss you."

"Awe..I'd miss you too. Stay safe." She kissed my cheek, picked up her handbag and drove away.

So, that's how my world works. I'm Hazel Claire. The only child. I have spent 18 years of my life and presently, I study in a high school. I go over this routine day by day. My mom leaves before me and arrives after me. So I have the keys of my house. But I'm not the party-all-night-kid. As I'm an English Literature student, I spend most of my time reading and studying. I am in love with my subject so I enjoy studying a lot.

Moreover, I have honey colored waist down wavy hair, brown eyes and a pale complexion. I'm 5'4. I love my home. And..and..and..that's enough I think.

So, I ate my slice, picked up my bag and opened the front door. The sky was sprayed with clouds. Light cold breeze flared my hair and went right through my bones. I hugged my cardigan tighter and stepped outside when my sneaker landed on something..an envelope? I picked it up. What's an envelope doing at my doorstep? I opened it and took out a piece of paper. As I read it, my lips parted with surprise.

"MISS CLAIRE,
I SEE YOU."