Her territory..

It was all spoiled and the culprit was none other than me. How much I wanted the things to move smoothly and here I was sitting in my car regretting my behavior but it was no use. What was done couldn't be undone.

Regrets. They don't let you live. I had spent moments, hours, days...preparing myself for this moment and what did I do at the end? Shout at her? Snap at her? I wanted to bang my head against the steering wheel and cry loudly. Why? Why did Mom have to go and tie me so helplessly with this honey girl?? I wasn't the type of boy meant for such things. I had never dated a single girl in my life!

I knew it won't be easy, what I didn't know was that it would be so unexpected! For God's sake, she was so unpredictable! Her first impression was that of a sweet soul having a soft heart and there she was, challenging me, standing erect and looking boldly into my eyes. I couldn't help thinking that expectations hurt.

I couldn't believe that after all the moments I had spent absorbed in her thoughts, she had alienated me so rudely. But then, she didn't even know me. Who was I to dictate her? I should have realized my mistake there and then but it was too late now. I had been harsh to her and probably, she'd run away from me now. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel. I needed to figure out a way to make up for my harshness. I didn't want her to run away. But first of all, I needed a calm place in order to ponder over all the situation.

I headed out for nowhere and somehow, ended up parking my car two blocks away from her house. I walked to her front door and sat down on the doorsteps.

It was a small cozy house that looked very homely. It had a touch of softness all over it. I looked around and admired the grey concrete blocks providing the house a beautiful exterior. The red door reflected a beautiful contrast against the grey. I liked it immediately. I had always wanted to live in a small house like this one but the excessive fortune of my Dad had me living in a great mansion. Not that I minded it, but I preferred small homes. They radiated a very comfortable feeling just like I was having at the moment.

I took a deep breath and thought about what had happened. I needed to figure out where I stood in her life. Actually, I needed to register that I stood nowhere in her life. I sighed. If I had been thinking about her for so long, it didn't mean at all that she had done that too. She didn't even know me! Ugh. I grunted.

Why did she have to be so beautiful? Ugh.

Why in the world she had those sparkling eyes that carried melted honey in them? Ugh.

Why was she so soft and hard at the same time? Ugh.

Why was I beginning to fall for her? UGH!

What?! Why was I even thinking about her? Oh my...double UGH!

I knew that I needed to leave her a note again. Maybe she would get the hint this time. I couldn't help thinking that I had called her Miss Claire in front of the whole class. She would have listed me as a stalker for sure. I couldn't believe I had been so stupid. This wasn't me at all! I had left myself no choice than to call her Miss Claire everywhere unless and until she picked up my hint and realized that I was the one who wrote her the notes.

I took out another piece of paper and a pen from my bag. The paper reminded me of something....umm..oh yes..her sketch! Oh my my...what was she..a magician? Okay, so the world has wonderful artists all around, but watching someone draw an exceptionally beautiful sketch with their eyes closed..it was something very rare. I admired her.

I rolled the pen between my fingers and thought about something to write. I wanted to write something nice. I wanted to praise her but I ended up recalling that she didn't know me at all and it was only me who was falling for her. So, I decided to write something like, "One day you'll fall for me, like I fell for you, Miss Claire.", but then a thought hit me and I stopped.

The way she was sketching while listening to the songs with her eyes closed, she looked like she was imagining it all. She was rude to me because I was a stranger to her but in reality, she had a deep soul. Her sketch said it all. So, I decided to write something deep, something that would click in her heart.

Thinking about depth reminded me of my Mom's cashmere shawl. Cashmere; a soft woolen fabric it was. When I was a kid, she used to wear it around her shoulders and I used to hide myself in it. It felt so warm and soft. My love for her was warm and soft like cashmere. I could feel it reveling in my heart. Her obstinacy was another thing though, but if I molded my love into a physical form, I would have molded it as cashmere; soft and warm. Warm like her eyes and soft like her hair.

Thinking of her eyes led me to imagining the melted honey in her eyes. What beautiful eyes she had; bright and warm. My mother's grey eyes could not combine with her father's honey ones, but if I tried my best, I could give life to that dead love. My grey ones would collide with her honey ones and dissolve crayola taupe or honey grey color in our love; our cashmere.

"HONK!!" The horn of a passing by car jerked me out of my dwelling and I gasped at the depth of my thoughts. What porridge had I created in mere minutes?! Oh MG! I mentally slapped myself and decided to put up everything into words. After a lot of cutting and wasting of papers, I ended up writing this:

" I am glad to know that the color of our love is in cashmere. Crayola taupe. Honey grey. Name it whatever you want. But there it is. You cannot deny it. One day, you'll fall for it. Cashmere. Do not forget. Because,
MISS CLAIRE, I DISCOVERED YOU. "

I frowned at "Miss Claire" but it was no use. I had to stick to it until she figured it out. I had to call her Miss Claire everywhere, in my notes and face to face. But the capital alphabets at the end made me smile. I planned to write such "Miss Claire, I ----- you." lines in my every note because they seemed quite striking and dramatic. I didn't know why but I was beginning to like this adventurous game between us. Umm, actually it wasn't between us up til now but still I was excited. Moreover, I had tried my best to conceal my real handwriting as a precaution.

I wasn't worried about her Mom finding out my note. Of all the information I had gained, this was the most important one that her Mom left before and arrived after her.

I folded the note and to my utmost surprise, I kissed it. I didn't know what was happening to me. I shook off this absurdity and put the note in an envelope. Then I turned around and picked up the doormat to put the envelope there in such a way that it's corner peeked out of it, so that no passerby could see it from a distance.

It was a normal act until I figured out a key under the doormat. I gasped. A wicked idea entered my mind and occupied it completely. I left the note there and picked up the key. I knew what I was going to do was called breaking in and I could be legally charged for it but the risk was worth taking.

I stood up and looked around. Once I was sure that nobody saw me, I inserted the key into the keyhole and turned it. Slowly, I took a deep breath and opened the door. Casting a last glance behind me, I stepped into her territory.

Author's note:

Hi Imaginators! :) I wanted to tell you all that the next update would be a bit late as I want it to be perfect. I need to work upon it to please you all in the best way. Therefore, have patience please. :)

Moreover, I am setting a target on this chapter for the next update. Achieve 50 comments on this chapter and I'll give you a gift..Haxen..ehm ehm..interaction..cough..ehm ehm..so..you know! ;) Goodluck with the comments. ♡

I'm not being mean, I am just gaining time, you see? :P As I know people are not that crazy about my story, so all of you will take a lot of time to achieve 50 comments even. :D And please do comment something about the songs that I attach in my chapters. Do you find them relating with the story? Do you like my music taste or should I improve it? I really need to know what you think about my story and stuff so that I may improve according to your choice. ♥ Keep enjoying my story! :)

Much Love,
Hazel