Belongingness ♡

"Uh..mom?"

"Mmm-hmm?" She nodded while chewing her egg at the breakfast table.

"When did you come last night?" I asked hesitatingly.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry, I got late. Is something wrong?" she asked with deep concern in her voice.

"No-no! Everything's fine. I think I went to bed before you came." I smiled awkwardly.

"You were sleeping soundly when I came home, dear. I checked on you." She smiled reassuringly.

"Yeah, it was a very exhausting day. I couldn't help but close my eyes and doze off. Umm..did you find anything peculiar when you arrived?" I feigned concern. Her expression changed from confusion to worry. "No-no! I mean I was too sleepy, maybe I would have forgotten to lock the door or something?" I tried to sound casual in the best way possible.

"Oh no. My girl's responsible enough to take care of herself as well as our home sweet home. Everything was at it's place when I arrived. And if you're asking all this stuff so that I may praise you for making me dinner beforehand, well Haze, I love you and you've got taste girl! That pasta was really very delicious!" She winked and laughed at the same time.

PASTA?? Damn.

"I love you too, mom!" I joined her laughter awkwardly.

She finished her breakfast, kissed me goodbye and left. Left me shattering into a million pieces. I had no idea what was happening in my life. It seemed as if suddenly my world had turned upside down and I had no clue how the apple would fall from the tree. My imaginations had blended themselves into my reality. But what about the letters? The inscription on my drawing? What happened yesterday when I came home could be a product of my imagination (although I have a gut feeling that it's not) but what about PASTA?? I am damn sure that I had made no pasta yesterday! Indeed, it is an insane world. Indeed.

I made a high ponytail of my waist down hair, put on my pink upper with black jeans and went for school. The morning looked dull and drowsy. Everything at the school repelled me. Suddenly, I wanted to crawl in my bed and go to sleep. Beep beep. My cellphone ringed. I opened the message from Marrie.

I dun feel lyk cmn'. I think I've got flu :(

I sighed. Okay.

Get well soon. May God give u relief 4om flu n excuses foreva. :/

Beep beep. I opened the text.

:p

I rolled my eyes and smiled. I like her. No matter what.

I don't know how it happened but the next second someone was holding my collar and dragging me to the back of the building.

"No, wait!" I tried to pull back.

I was yanked to a wall with my arm folded behind me. My face pressed against the wall hurt like hell. My shoulder protested against the pain.

"Listen to me, you b****! Stay away! He's mine. Keep your distance or I'll rip your head off your shoulders! You hear me?? He's mine. Roxen Dale's mine!!"

Then I heard her moan in pain.

"Roxen Dale's no property. Heard me? No property."

His voice.

I flexed my shoulders and turned back. It was one of the brats from yesterday morning. He held her by hair. She was moaning in pain.

"No property. Repeat after me. Roxen Dale's no property. REPEAT!" He roared in a deep menacing tone.

"R-r-roxen Dale's no pr-property." The brat practically begged.

"I don't see you again. Understood? Get lost! Now!" He yanked her painfully. She ran away like an arrow leaves a bow.

He turned. His eyes met mine. My heart clenched. With fear. With anticipation.

"Don't let them touch you. Just don't.."

For a moment, it felt like his grey eyes melted to mercury. Silver. The color of stars. My heart missed a beat.

"Why?" I whispered.

"You deserve better."

I heard the double meaning he conveyed in these three words. It hit me. Right at the middle of my heart. My thoughts transported back in time.

Roxen Dale. I shall not forgive you for this infinity in a finite moment. For I know, "WE" are nobody in reality.

His words resonated back in response.

You deserve better.

I shook myself out of my dream only to find no one but myself standing at the back of the building. My heart sank. Nothing appealed me anymore. So, I dragged myself to the bus stop, took the bus and reached home.

Half hoping for the front door to turn out unlocked, I inserted the key and turned the door knob.

No intrusion.

Hollow.

Emptiness.

I dragged my feet upstairs to my room. That's when I saw it.

A charm.

Hanging by my bed pole. I hurried towards it and took it off with delicate care. The gold in my eyes sparkled with happiness. My lips curved into a brilliant smile. A smile of a child who looks at a shooting star for the first time. I placed the heart-shaped charm on my palm. It was a delicate silver charm that opened like a diary. Taking a deep breath, I opened it and looked inside. Two words were inscribed elegantly into the silver. A tear rolled down my cheek and mixed with my smile just like a rainbow after rain.

Only yours.