Hazel

Say Something- A Great Big World ♪

The unreliability of the endurance of everything from trivial objects to massive existences is inevitable in this universe but I never really registered this phenominal process of decay until it hit my mother. Those were the days when it felt like someone had clawed out my insides and left me with this gaping hole that sucked life out of me with every moment I struggled to...exist but souls who struggle to exist and merely exist experience the death of their yearnings and longings, desires and cravings. It feels like you are, still you cease to be.

Gradually, fate dragged me over the sizzling embers of hurt and scattered my ashes into oblivion. However, going through that ache, I made this fatal mistake; I thought I had gone through it all. Illusioning myself to have beared the extent of suffering, I drowned myself into silent numbness and imagined that it'll never return but I was wrong.

For, later on, there had arrived moments in my life where I had seen drunken sunsets in someone's gloriously golden eyes and let down all my guards altruistically. I had handed over the strings of my vulnerability to someone's delicately artistic fingers that had spun a honey grey web of fragility and love. The broken pieces inside me had slowly healed while swaying around someone's light steps.

This someone who had blessed me with poetic sensations.

This someone whose smile had lit up my entire universe in a split second.

This someone who was not mine but belonged to me in ways I couldn't put in words.

This someone whose fingers had caressed every feature of my face yet never touched it.

This someone who was elysian to such an extent that it made me feel like I had been walking in a dream.

A dream sprinkled with fairydust and woven into the magical symphonies of long lost glee.

A dream so beautiful to be true.

This someone who had never heard her name from my lips yet her name was all I could hear.

Hazel.

Hazel.

Hazel.

"Hazel...say something..," I sobbed by her bed as my body crumbled to a million pieces.

Everything had passed by my eyes in a strange fog and I didn't really remember anything. I could recall Dad consoling her mom. I could recall Marrie grabbing my collar and slapping me on the face. I could recall a very nervous Doris standing in the dimly lit corridor of the hospital. I could recall it all like a robot. Their images moved in my head mechanically but I discovered that none of them aroused any response out of me. I had looked past them as if they didn't exist. Nothing existed..except Hazel. She was everywhere...

...yet nowhere.

I remembered inhaling the sweetly pungent smell of her blood back then.

-"That's none of your business!"-

I remembered holding her motionless body in my arms and tearing up.

-"Put me down!"-

I remembered having her crimson paint all over my body.

-Don't know why..but I have this strange obsession of colors.-

I remembered clenching the white sheets all over her and falling apart.

-It's white. I like white. White is the color of purity, peace, dreams, clouds, fantasies, angels, pearls..it's beautiful. So, I adore white.-