Sketch

What? I couldn't believe my ears.

"I'm sorry. I-I don't do sketches." I stammered. Damn it. Where's my voice?? After all he's done to you, you talk about this, Haze???

His grey eyes held my brown ones for, it seemed like, centuries. I held my breath in anticipation. I knew now, that he saw my drawing that morning. The couple surrounded by marine life.

"I don't care. You do it today." He finally spoke in an authoritative tone.

I wanted to say that I barely knew him and that I was not a slave to his orders! I wanted to object that I could charge him for treating me ill and bringing me to this magnificent mansion by force! Uh..okay, that's an exaggeration but he kind of..uh..used force. I wanted to tell him that what he did was called kidnapping! But all I could say was,

"I need music."

I felt the grey in his eyes melt to mercury. Silver. The color of moonlight. I saw a hint of smile touch his lips then. OH, IF ONLY I COULD SEE HIM SMILE!

"Name the song." He stood up and drew out a sleek remote from the drawer of a bedside table. Wow. He's got a stereo system installed. Simply wow.

"Drape the curtains first." I decided to play along. Having said this, I explored his face for a reaction. None. He moved with an elegant grace to the windows and draped the curtains. Suddenly it felt like twilight.

"I Know You..." I held my tongue here.

He turned around and looked directly into my eyes.

"No, you don't." He gave his one-sided smile. Damn.

"...by Skylar Grey." I passed him my most brilliant smile ever.

His smile vanished. After waiting a second, he pressed a button on the remote. "Here you go."

~I believe, I believe there's love in you..
Grid locked on the dusty avenues..
Inside your heart, just afraid to go..~

Skylar Grey's voice filled the air. He walked back and sat on the chair in front of me, his elbows resting on the sides of the chair and his fingers intertwined in front of his chest. He looked...beautiful.

~I am more, I am more than innocent..
But just take a chance and let me in..
And I'll show you ways that you don't know..~

I took out my charcoal pencil and a sheet of paper out of my bag. I placed the paper on my book and looked directly in his eyes that seemed soft now. Like pearls.

~Don't complicate it,
Don't let the past dictate..
Yeah..
I have been patient, but slowly I'm losing faith..~

I held his eyes and my fingers started moving on the page. My eyes traveled through the layers of his messy blonde hair. A few locks of ruffled hair graced his forehead.

~So please, I know you baby
I know you baby..
So please, I know you baby
I know you baby..~

After exploring his hair, the gold in my eyes played with the silver in his eyes. I could see a mysterious and hidden world beyond them. My heart raced. If only...if only I could touch them.

~I believe, I believe you could love me..
But you're lost on the road to misery..
And what I gave to you
I could never get back..~

I saw his Adam's apple move up and down. My heart missed a beat. I could see that he was clearly uncomfortable of this deep play between us. I could feel his uneasiness when Skylar sang "I know you baby" . This boy's got impatience, and I could see it.

~Don't complicate it,
Don't drive yourself insane..
Yeah..
Say what you will but I know that you want to stay!~

Finally, I kissed his lips with my eyes. Full lips. Set in a straight line. Arrogant and somber. No trace of a smile. If only...if only I could kiss them.

~So please, I know you baby
I know you baby..
So please, I know you baby
I know you baby..~

A tear left my eye and traveled down my cheek. I couldn't stand his beauty. It was too much. I felt the unfairness. Why was he passing me through such a trial when I couldn't even touch him but still my hands worked upon him? I pitied myself. I knew I was making a fool of myself, crying in front of him, but I couldn't help it. He was so damn unfair!

~Chemicals rushing in,
I know it's you that I belong to..
I'm burning like a cannonball in the air,
Crashing into who I belong to...~

My eyes raked his muscular body slowly. I could see him judging my every reaction yet he remained still like a statue carved by magical hands. I hate him. Yet, I so love him!

~I have been patient, but slowly I'm losing faith,
Please, I know you baby
I know you baby..
So please, I know you baby
I know you baby..~

I couldn't hold together anymore. So, I let out sobs of despair and my tears fell in my lap. He stood up and came closer. I could see his boots as I looked down and cried. He picked up the sheet of paper from my lap.

~So please, I know you baby
(The shadows of your heart are hanging in the sweet, sweet air)
I know you baby
(I know you baby)
So please, I know you baby
(The secrets that you hide control us, and it's not fair)
I know you baby...~

Finally he spoke and it broke my heart.

"I think there's enough time for us to catch the class. Get up, Miss Claire. We need to go."