Club Night

"You brought me here just to tell this?? You could have said it in the cafe!" I snapped while standing up.

"You want anything else, Miss Claire?" His voice turned raspy. The grey in his eyes turned to silver and sparkled with a mischief.

Yes...! "No. Take me home." I gulped. Suddenly, it felt like all the air in the world had vanished. I couldn't breathe enough.

He came closer..slowly..gracefully. His eyes never left mine. My heart leaped to my throat.

"Are you sure?" His voice was velvet..rolling in the honey. His face was inches from mine. I felt his breath on my face. Once again, his heavenly scent encapsulated me. My head reeled. I couldn't concentrate.

No... "Yeah..I-I'm sure." I stuttered.

The silver in his eyes froze. Grey. Turned to stone.

"Let's go." He turned back abruptly and left the room.

I regained my breath slowly. And recalled his words.

I'll see you tonight at the Ladies' Club.

I ignored the bitter taste in my mouth and followed him.
.
.
.
The ride back home was quiet except for when he asked me my address. Normally, the idea of him coming to my home would have made me excited but unfortunately, my heart felt so dead. I didn't want to revel even in my last memory of his room. He stopped the car at my house.

"Thanks." I didn't invite him inside.

"Never say thanks." He spoke lightly. My heart twisted. But I composed myself. I nodded, never holding his gaze, and got out of the car. The next second, his car drifted away. I turned back. Nothing.

I dragged my feet to the front door and entered the house. Slumping down on the sofa, I relaxed for sometime. Then I got up and made strawberry pancakes for mom. She loved it. Doing everything, I went upstairs. That's when I saw it. An envelope on my bedside table. I sat on my bed and tore it open hurriedly.

"A girl who cries for someone who doesn't give a damn..
Stupid me. For MISS CLAIRE, I FELL FOR YOU."

I wondered how this guy entered my room...Oh. I slapped my forehead. The window, of course. I looked at the window and smiled sadly. This guy over here is telling me everyday that he likes me. And here I am, dying for Roxen Dale! I hate myself.

Ladies' Club. Ladies' Club. Ladies' Club.

I'll go there.

***

After an hour, I had informed mom about my stay at Marrie's. She had allowed me. I had called Marrie and she was super excited about it. So, I picked up my stuff and left the key under the mat at our back door. I took the bus and tracked the nearest Ladies' Club. After I knew it's location, I walked to Marrie's home from the bus stop. Her parents had gone to meet some old family friend and her elder brother was staying the night at a friend's house, thankfully. So, we were alone.

Once Marrie came to know my real intention of going to the club, she was furious. She asked me about all this Roxen stuff and I told her..not everything..but pretty much. I also hid the "mysterious letters" thing due to the fear of freakin' her out. Anyways, she gave up arguing with me and finally agreed to help me. I knew it. I could always count on her.

We chose an elegant black dress from her wardrobe. It was kind of short but it went down to my knees since she was taller than me. It had full arms made of net. My shoulder blades were very apparent in this dress but thank god, no more. So, it was pretty modest yet it was not. With it, I wore a silver chain in my delicate neck that held the charm..the silver charm from an unknown admirer. Then I helped myself to six inch glossy black stilettos. I had never worn such clothes or shoes before.