Magical fingers!

I drove through the school gates into the parking lot and got out of my car. Standing there among the crowd, I looked at the building for the first time. It was a wonderful reflection of old and beautiful architecture; the red bricks giving a very grand look to the whole structure.

With my bag hung over my right shoulder, I dug my hands into the pockets of my jeans and walked towards the place which was going to be the locale of my love story; if that's whatever it was.

I thought about my morning incident and a slight smile touched my lips unwillingly. She was going to be here with me. This thought alone was enough to give me shivers. I still couldn't believe that a simple moment as that of setting your eyes upon a specific girl for the first time could cause such a drastic change in one's whole personality. How could it be? I had never been that kind of boy.

I mused over how I had ran to my car earlier like a little boy enjoying an adventure of kite flying. As she had walked towards the bus stop, I had sped my car to school just to be here before she arrived. Most of all, I wondered about the note I had written to her. I had no idea what had got into my mind that I opted to carry on such an act. All this could be named as one and only one thing: insanity. This was slightly shocking to me as I had always been a crazy guy but not totally insane.

But I knew better. I couldn't change my whole self for a girl. No. I knew who I was. Rude, distant, careless and heart breaking rascal who had lost his most precious treasure; his mom and was on the verge of...ugh! I hated the worst secret of my life! I closed my eyes in anguish and ran a hand through my hair. A bad boy. This was me since forever. This was Roxen Dale. And there was no way I was going to forget this!

Anger ran through my veins for being so vulnerable and affected by that girl before. Who was she? A chance and nothing else. I was going to give it a try. No more. Simple as that.

I shook these thoughts out of my mind and headed towards the office, as guided by Dad, for the affirmation of my presence. Only then, I registered the gossips and whispers around me. I noticed the girls shoving each other behind my back; clearly in my admiration. I saw the boys glaring me with hatred; transparently taking me as a competition. All this was not new to me. Both had always been a part of my life and I minded both. Admiration; as a rival to my privacy and competition; as a wastage of my time. I ignored this lot and entered the office.

A middle aged lady was typing something on a computer. I was told to wait so I sat on a chair at the side of the room. A slight ache was beginning to get hold of my head although it was too early for it. I tried to forget it and wandered into the roads of my brain again.

Two things, I had to decide. First, I must keep on writing unexpected notes to her because I wanted to get her as soon as possible. I couldn't afford to waste time because I was bound helplessly in a trap by fate. I clenched my fists at the cruelty of karma. I had to hurry, I knew. I raked my mind for a way to do this frequently. Finally, I hit upon a wonderful plan and felt excited for it as I had something to keep me occupied for sometime.

Now came the second thing, I had to be who I was with her. Why put up a facade of a good boy when I wasn't one? If I was going to drag her through such a trial, she should better know what she was going to put herself up for. No deception, no regrets.

It was another thing, being myself, but my secret was a totally different story. Should I tell it to her and then let her get involved with me or should I just let it be and reveal it to her later? I chose: later. I felt bad because I knew that she would get hurt when informed later but I couldn't trust an unknown girl with the biggest and most bitter truth of my life beforehand. I just couldn't take the risk. I knew better.