Chaos

"You brought me here just to tell this?? You could have said it in the cafe!" Anger flared up in her golden eyes.

I was taken back by this fire in her eyes. It reminded me of the blazing sun of summers.

I couldn't judge the reason of this sudden outburst. What had I done wrong to make her so mad at me? When will I finally learn to do everything alright?! Ugh! I tried to calm her down by advancing towards her, putting up a soft demeanor.

"You want anything else, Miss Claire?" I had other ideas in my mind. Maybe I could pacify her through other ways possibly unknown to her as reflected by her innocence.

I could see a conflict playing in her eyes but she ended up backing me off. "No. Take me home." The reply was calculated yet I could sense a hesitation somewhere, as if she wanted something else. I tried to give her another chance.

Moving slowly towards her with all the love filling in my heart, I said, "Are you sure?" By then, I could feel her breath on my face and the proximity of our bodies was making my head reel with the excitement of the moment. Please deny it Hazel, please.

"Yeah..I-I'm sure." The words were broken in between but that was it. My whole system shut down in a moment.

"Let's go." I turned around and left the room.

This was the second time she had rejected me, there ought to be a reason for that! Nobody does anything without a stupid damn reason! Either that nut was her boyfriend or I was a nut not good enough for her! Pooh!
.
.
.
The ride back was quiet. I made a point of asking her address, I didn't want to make her suspicious. Halting the car to a stop in front of her house, I waited for her to say something.

"Thanks." Just that. No invitation. My heart sank.

"Never say thanks." And it was true..I didn't want her to say thanks to me. I could do anything for her by now. Only, she won't take anything from me.

She got off the car and having nothing to do then..I sped off.

***

Ladies' Club was a small club near the town. In contrast to my taste, it was dirty and low. I had always been to rich and sophisticated places with red liquids sloshing in delicate glasses. I couldn't figure out how in the world I had ended up in such a third class place after Mom's demise. I might have lost my senses back then for sure.

Parking the car in the parking lot, I entered the club with great distaste for the place. I had the money in cash with me as I wanted to get over with it at once. Opening the door, my throat constricted to the point of no breath so I struggled to inhale deeply and forget the rush of all the disgusting memories hitting my mind from my last experience over here.

I looked around. The world was oddly alive around me. I greatly felt lost in all the current and vibe. Looking here and there, I spotted the DJ at the back of the room. He was moving his arms swiftly, raising the roar of the crowd. He had headphones on his head and was moving aptly to the music. I knew that getting him out would be a big deal so I made my way to him on the stage. It was a huge effort since all the drunkards fell heavily here and there while they danced their minds out.

With supreme struggle, I managed to get up on the stage after fifteen minutes. Reaching out to him, I patted his shoulder. He was too much lost in all the singing and dancing that my pat was a breeze of light air for him so I squeezed his shoulder tightly until he gasped and turned around in annoyance. I knew I should have called him before my arrival but too late to know anyways. Locating me behind him, however, his face lightened up and he gestured towards his assistant for handling the equipment. Taking off his headphones, he awkwardly shook my hand and made way to a small room at the back of the club.