Dark Past..

Roxen's POV

"AaAAaarRrrrGGghhH!!! Nooo! NOOO!"

I fought with the dark, kicking through the sheets. Every cell of my body shouted out: WAKE UP.

"NOO! Please noo! Don't leave me!" I cried out in despair.

The air passage in my throat tightened. I choked. Please God, let me wake!

"DON'T..JUST DON'T!!!"

I opened my eyes suddenly. Black. The color of doom. My chest heaved breathlessly. I felt my body sweating profusely.

"Aaahh.." I closed my eyes in pain and moaned. These nightmares haunted me every other night. I fumbled for the button by my side table and rang the bell. I heard footsteps running in the corridor and my door opened after a knock.

"Doris! Bring me water!"

She filled a glass of water and handed it to me. I squinted in the dark and poured the whole of it down my throat. She held my hand and sat by my bed. She had been our housemaid since my childhood. She lived with us. I loved her a lot.

I closed my eyes and hurtful flashbacks crossed my mind.

***
"This is the only thing I want from you..nothing e-else." She held my hand tightly and spoke in a feeble voice.

"No, you're not goin' anywhere. Please don't talk like this." I begged with tears in my eyes and kissed her hand.

"Go find her. I could not get him in my li-fe..I want you to make up for my lo-ve." She spoke while choking at words.

My heart clenched in fear.

"You're not leaving me, mom! Do you hear me?? Don't leave me, please!!" I cried.
***

But she left me and I broke in a million pieces by her bed that night. Cancer..that devil had snatched her away from me forever! I was nothing without her. For a month, I couldn't recognize the people around me. My world was shattered like a glass and I kept hurting my fingers while picking up the broken pieces. Dad took me to numerous psychiatrists who couldn't get a word out of me. I had lost her. Nothing appealed me. Life had lost it's meaning for me. I wished I could die.

But I was bound to live for one reason. Hazel Claire.

My mother was the victim of a disease called unrequited love. She had lost her heart to a pair of golden eyes. She had loved this girl Hazel's dad till her last breath. While she was on her death bed, she told me about it. She wouldn't mention his name. She only told me that it was a silent and one-sided love. They had been class fellows in high school. Never had she told Hazel's dad about her love. He had died in a car accident when Hazel was a kid. She had been loyal to my dad but couldn't forget him. She expressed her last wish as my marriage with Hazel. She gave me her address that she had kept tracking all these years. I was so shocked and frightened of everything that I agreed to fulfill her last wish. I agreed.

After her death, life proved to be a nightmare for me. I had no hint of anything in my life. I used to spend hours at her grave. I was a zombie.

After a month, I finally spoke and made my dad shift here to Hazel's hometown. It wasn't a problem since my dad owned oil refineries worldwide. Money had never been a problem in my life.

I had never seen this girl but I knew her address and her school. I needed to go there. I needed to find her and give it a try. I knew I couldn't force her to love me. In fact, this whole idea about marriage was absurd but I was hell bound. I loved my mother insanely.

My father didn't know a word about her love story or the reason of shifting. He was so eager to bring my life back to normal that he immediately agreed to shift. And here I lay in our new house, in my new room.

Tomorrow was my first day at school. I was late at school due to the trauma I had been going through the past month. I took admission in school for English Literature as my major because she was studying it. I was already into studying novels and stuff so I was okay with it. What got on my nerves was that I was going to meet her finally. But I knew I couldn't tell her the real story right away. I had no idea what kind of girl she was. I only knew she had golden eyes. Deep golden eyes. She would freak out probably. I needed to keep it real slow. I didn't want her to think that I was a stalker or something.

Drifting towards sleep, my thoughts jumbled up with the darkness. I was holding on to Doris's hand tightly when suddenly, I hit upon a wonderful plan.

Author's note:

Happy New Year Eve Imaginators! *-*
And Happy New Year in advance! :D

I am really sorry for a late and short update as I am at my uncle's and wondering how the vacations can last a whole year..you know..2015-2016! ;)

Oh no..sorry for real as I am very much occupied with Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. It is in my literature course this semester. I will try to update sooner now. :)

Ah..so the year has gone by with beautiful and sad memories..hopes and smiles..tears and heartbreaks..well 2015..we will miss you all! :')

I wish you all goodluck for 2016..keep your head high, smile and live up your dreams. You are the most beautiful person ever! ♡

Much Love.
Hazel

Pssst. Don't forget to vote and comment under the fireworks! ;) Bubye. :*