Broken heart..

Holy****!

I gasped and turned towards him in astonishment. He had his hands in his pockets. My eyes were wide with shock. Me and him paired up for project?? Unbelievable!

Very naturally, he raised his eyebrows, shrugged his shoulders and in a low voice, he told me,

"I won't eat you up, Miss Claire. Breathe."

And I saw Roxen Dale wink at me then. Damn. I really can't breathe!

I bit my lower lip and bent my head down to hide my blush.

"Damn." He muttered under his breath.

That was it. My heart picked up pace and started hammering against my rib cage. I hurried towards my seat in confusion. And there I saw Marrie sitting with Max Collins! He hurriedly made place for me by shifting in the middle of the three seated bench and gave me a cute dimpled smile. Oh no! I giggled and ducked in beside him.

I saw Roxen pass by my seat in the aisle and the silver in his eyes flashed furiously as if he would eat me up! Dammit! What have I done wrong now!!??

I looked helplessly towards Marrie and what?? She was glaring back at me too!! I groaned in despair.

***

We spent the whole day together. Max, me and Marrie. He was really cute, actually! And we enjoyed alot. The day went by easily except for the stares of guys and glares of girls around me. I ignored everyone. Max was new here. I wanted him to have a good impression of the people around here. Besides, what could I do anyway? Max, on the other hand, seemed much immune towards such things for he took things lightly and dismissed them easily. I liked him. He had a big heart. Marrie, however, kept passing me secretive glares. If looks could kill, I would've been probably dead by now!

Also, the professor told us to submit the name of our novel on which we had to make our project report. We had a deadline of two days for the submission of the name. I was sitting in the cafe with these guys wondering how in the world would I manage working with him.

"I think we need to discuss the report, Miss Claire. Would you mind accompanying me to my car?"

I looked up. Think of the devil and the devil is here..only..he's so handsome and enchanting. Phew.

"Oh please, why can't he stop calling her Miss Claire!" I heard Max complain under his breath to Marrie who was scrutinizing every inch of Roxen as if looking for a hidden dagger or gun. I rolled my eyes at them and stood up.

"We don't discuss reports in cars. We have the classrooms for that." I tried to reason.

"Who cares?" Having said this, he began strolling out of the cafe with his hands in his pockets, clearly dismissing my idea of going to a classroom. I sighed. This boy won't reason!

"So, now you're going with him?" Marrie glared. I could understand, she was being protective of me.

"I need to. It's work, Marrie." I pacified her. "Besides, good luck to you both for your report. I'm glad you're paired up for it." I winked. She threw back a smile.
"Gotta go." I picked up my bag. Max stood up immediately and held out his arm for me.

"Shall I escort you, lady?" He bowed slightly and winked.

I couldn't help thinking how cute he was! But then, I remembered the glare from Roxen in the morning. He clearly had some problem with Max. Or wait a minute! Was he jealous of him?? Oh no Haze! I wanted to slap my self.

Roxen doesn't give a damn about anyone in the world, Haze. For God sake.

Then I remembered Doris..and I smiled. I'll find a way to talk to her. Somehow, I had a feelin' that it would help.