Business

I entered the large brick building of my high school. Boys were gathered in groups in the parking lot. The open area made me shiver with cold so I hurried through the gates and corridors to my department. While tapping in the code for my locker, I heard two girls gossiping loudly.

"Oh my Gosh! D'you have any idea how super duper gorgeous he is??"

"Yeah! I just saw him when I entered the gates. He's...breathlessly damn handsome!"

I peeked around the locker and saw two brats with loads and loads of makeup. Yuck!

"I heard someone saying he just enrolled this morning. A late comer. Oh I so wish he would have been here from the start!"

"But why did he go for Literature?? It just seems out of place for a dude like him!"

"Oh I don't care what he went for! As long as he's here, I am flying!"

I shut my locker, hung my bag over my shoulder and went towards my class. What's all this fuss about? Who's this "he"?? And what's with these brats? I entered the class and went for my place. The place beside me was as usual empty for this early hour of the day. Marrie Swans. (Phew). A late riser and a late sleeper. She's always late. And I never get along with it even after four months of our friendship. Swearing under my breath, I sat down. A group of girls hurried past me.

"He's here! Oh God help me!"
"I'm gonna loose my breath!"
"Damn him!"

What?? This is driving me crazy! Why the air's so high?? Who's here?? With swelling curiosity, I asked Susan, my Psychology minor classmate, "Hey, what's this vibe about?"
Her eyes went wide. "Are you insane?? Roxen Dale just enrolled in our class this morning Haze!" she exclaimed, almost shrieking with emotion.
I looked at her impassively. Dumbly.
"Oh..I get it. Wait till you see him!" She winked.
I rolled my eyes and took my seat. Taking out a blank sheet of paper from my bag, I adjusted my cellphone and hands free. Pushed 'PLAY' and One Republic's "Say (All I Need)" filled my head. Wow. Music boosts up my spirits in the mornings. I bent down my head on the desk, held my charcoal pencil, closed my eyes and my fingers started moving on the paper. My golden hair fell over my back around my shoulder....and I entered into my 'Dream Cloud'..

-We are in a marine museum. I wander among the wall high aquariums surrounding me. To the extent of my sight, everything is a calm blue. Shades of the water devour me, running up and down my body as water moves in the large cases of marine life providing walls to this world. This deep and such a beautiful world. Wonderfully fascinating life moved inside these waters in front of my eyes. From the little sea horses to the large dolphins. Enchanted, I place a hand on a glass wall, trying to reach the little goldfish inside. Out of the blue, his hand covers mine..from behind. He hugs me and rests his head on my shoulder. I lean my cheek softly against his hair and..smile.---

"Don't you hear me?"

I heard a calm demanding voice, breaking off my fantasy and bringing me back to my classroom. Damn.
I gathered my calm and looked up. Double Damn. A pair of mysteriously enchanting grey eyes looked back towards me. Locks of blond hair ruthlessly fell upon his forehead. A beautiful set of lips. Full lips. Turned sideways like a curtain on a window pulled aside for a better view of the world beyond. Hovered upon me, this world of almost 6 ft enchanted me.

"Did you hear me?"

He repeated with a serene calm, breaking off my imagination. Oh, so this must be Roxen Someone. I rolled my eyes, turned the sheet of paper while hiding my drawing on it and stood up.

"It's obvious I think." I pointed towards the hands free now on the desk. (He took it off??) "Besides, I won't listen to you." If he could take off my hands free, then no matter how enchanting he was, I would back him off. Because everyone has limits. He should learn it.

His brows furrowed. His lips set in a hard line. His grey eyes bore into mine. "Why?" His tone was very menacing. For a moment, it scared me. But I kept on my act.

"Because I don't want to." I replied calmly with my arms folded in front of me and my chin turned up slightly.

"Then you may leave the class." He pointed towards the door, his biceps flexing under his shirt. Shirt? It's cold man.

"Logically, it's my class so if you have a problem with me, you leave." I smiled sweetly to torment his calm.

Amused, he smiled his one-sided smile. Damn.

"Would you like to show us what you just sketched?" With that, he snatched the sheet of paper from the desk. I gasped in shock. What kind of an intruder he was!! I snatched the sheet back and with supreme control, I replied, "That's none of your business!"

I saw rage blending with the grey in his eyes and fury grasping his features. He bent forward, his face inches from mine. A beautiful fragrance encapsulated me. He fisted my desk and chewing every word, he spoke, "YOU'LL SEE WHAT BUSINESS I HAVE WITH YOU, MISS CLAIRE!"

With that, he left.

Author's note

-So this one's a detailed chap guys. Hope you enjoy it. I request you all to listen to the mentioned songs while reading Hazel's fantasies in the novel. It'll help create an atmosphere for you. :) Besides, if you like the story, do vote please. It helps. Trust me. And please comment and let me know about your views. Please. It would guide me and I'll be very thankful to you for your support. ♡
Right now, m going through my mids. So m a bit slow. Sorry. But after 7 DEC, you'll enjoy the best. :) Keep in tune and do vote. Love you all :')