A Day to Ourselves

Asuna opened her eyes. Her eyes focused and the first thing she set eyes on was her Amusphere on the bed side table. Her alarm clock said 7:00, Saturday morning. She stretched her arms and legs and sat up, looking around the room, reflecting on all the memories that were in it. On her dresser, sat countless gifts and tokens of affection from Kazuto. She smiled as she remembered how he blushed every time that he gave her one of them. She loved it when he tried to show her how much he loved her. He was always so sweet and considerate.

Asuna got up and walked over to the dresser, picking up the charm bracelet that he had given her on their two-year anniversary of dating. She smiled at the memory. That night, it had snowed, and Kazuto had still ridden his bike all the way to her house just to spend time with her and give this to her. She clasped the bracelet around her wrist and then picked up another trinket. This one was a little doll. It was a plush doll, nothing special, but she loved it. It was a pink bunny that Kazuto had won from a claw machine on their 5th date.

Asuna picked up a third object and set the bunny back in it's place. This object was a picture frame, containing a photo of the two of them on their school's trip to a Gingko tree orchard. It had been beautiful there. There were golden leaves everywhere. They got in their hair, and bags, even. They had stopped on the last day to take a photo in front of the biggest one there. Right as the photo was snapped, Kazuto had leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, making her blush.

The photo never failed to make her laugh. Every time she thought of Kazuto kissing her, she blushed and got embarrassed. She knew that she was in love, and she loved that. Asuna jumped with a realization of why she woke up so early. She usually woke up at 10:30 on Saturdays. Asuna put the picture frame back down on the dresser and walked back to her bedside table and picked up her cell phone. The second she touched it, it lit up with a new alert. A text from Kazuto.

Kazuto<3: Good Morning, do you wanna do something today?

Asuna smiled. He was always so thoughtful. Asuna looked above her bed at the calendar on the wall. There was nothing marked for today, so she might as well go out. She had been responsible and done all her chores the night before, so she didn't even have that to do. Asuna slid the notification over with her finger and touched the reply button.

Asuna: Sounds good. What do you have in mind?

She sent the text and then walked over to her closet to find something to wear. (the photo at the top is her outfit) There were plenty of shirts that she would look great in, but it was cold outside and she needed a little something warmer that a light blouse. She chose a slim fitting white shirt with a deep red, pleated skirt to wear with black tights. She rummaged through her shoes for something that was comfortable, but not casual. She found her favorite black heels with a pointed toe. She laid them by the door. He cell phone beeped and she went to look at it.

Kazuto<3: I was thinking we go for a walk and then grab something for breakfast. Then, I have tickets to go see that new movie, At the Heart of the Sea. Sound good? I was thinking, then we could just go fool around town.

Asuna: That sounds amazing. We haven't been on a date for a little while. I have only seen you at when you have picked me up at school, and a few times during the day. I have missed you. Maybe later today, we can log into ALO and play with the group. It's been a while. I hear Klein has found himself a girlfriend who plays ALO.

Asuna sent the message then went back to her closet to pick out a coat. She had some nice ones, but she wanted something to match her outfit. She settled for a simple black double-breasted coat. Her phone beeped again and this time, she had it in her hand.

Kazuto<3: Can you be ready in an hour? I will be over to pick you up.

Asuna: Yeah. Until then, I love you. Be careful driving over here. I would hate for you to get hurt.