Dinner

(Just a warning that this chapter will be a lot shorter than the other ones that I upload.)

As soon as Asuna got in the door, she went straight to her bedroom and dug out some fresh clothes. She couldn't go out to dinner with mud on her pants. When she had stumbled, she kicked up mud, which got all over her jeans and hands. 

She grabbed a bathrobe, then went straight to the bathroom to shower. She got in and started the water, which came out ice cold on her back. She flinched away from it and then waited as it warmed up. The next time she touched it, she recoiled again. This time, the scalding water burned her hand. 

Asuna quickly reached for the taps and adjusted the temperature. It took ten minutes, but she finally got the water to a pleasant temperature. She stepped under the spray and let the hot water take all of the fatigue out of her muscles. 

When she got out of the shower, she put her hair up in a towel, threw on her bathrobe and darted to her room. Kazuto would be here soon and she did not want him to see her in this state of undress. She pulled on a pair of brown leggings and a knee length red dress. 

Asuna looked in the mirror. Did this dress make her look weird? She turned and twisted, examining herself from all angles. She couldn't help but jump when she heard the doorbell ring. She walked out of the room and down the hall. 

halfway to the door, she realized that her hair was still in a towel. She hastily unwrapped the towel and tossed it in the bathroom, then closed the bathroom door. She ran her fingers through her hair and then opened the front door. 

Kazuto stood there, still in his uniform, holding his school bag over his shoulder. He smiled when he saw her. Asuna stepped aside to let him in. When he was inside, she shut the door and went to walk past him, only to be caught around the waist and pulled into a hug. She giggled as Kazuto kissed her cheek. 

"You shouldn't dress like that. You're gonna make people jealous.", he said. 

Asuna smiled and turned around in his arms. She thought she could smell chocolate on his breath, which wasn't bad, just unusual. Kazuto didn't normally eat it.

"Well, at least I have you to protect me from other boys who try to make a pass at me.", she said. 

Kazuto smiled and then planted a kiss right on her lips. He released her from his arms, then bent down to pick up his school bag, which he'd dropped on the floor in order to hug her. He slung it over his shoulder again and walked into the living room. 

"Do you want anything to eat?", Asuna asked. 

"No, I'm good. I stopped for hot chocolate on my way over. That stuff was rich.", he said. 

"Ah. Ok." She replied.

Asuna walked down the hall, opened the bathroom door, picked up the towel, then took her hairbrush off the counter. She walked back out to find that Kazuto had taken a seat on the couch and was pulling out his homework. 

"So what's up first?", she asked. 

"I think I'll start with English, then go on to History, then Math. I don't have that much.", he said. 

"OK. What's the first question?", Asuna asked. 

"Umm, 'What is a participle? Give an example.'", he read aloud. 

He took out a pencil and began to write.

As they worked, Asuna brushed through her hair and let it air dry.The time passed quickly and before either of them knew it, they were on the last page of homework. It was math, which neither of them liked very much. When they finished it, it was almost 5:00.