Give a Girl a Pearl

Asuna opened her eyes and looked around. She was laying in the bed of the vacation house that she and Kazuto had rented for their honeymoon. Kazuto was still asleep beside her, snoring softly. She turned over to face him. 

Kazuto was sleeping so peacefully. His face was completely relaxed and he looked so innocent and young. She touched his face with her finger and watched him twitch his cheek. She giggled internally. 

Asuna turned back over and looked at the clock on the night stand. It was 7:30. She got up and walked out of the bedroom. She walked into the dining room and kitchen area and looked around. It was time for dinner and she had already decided that she would make it, since Kazuto had made breakfast. 

Asuna walked over to the fridge and pulled the door open. She looked at all that was there and then pulled out some vegetables, then closed the fridge. Now, she opened the freezer and pulled out some chicken breasts. She didn't know what kind of seasonings there were here, but she could do a lot with very little. 

She pulled out a pot and set it on the stove. The chicken breast would have to be cooked before she could use it, so she decided to boil it. She filled the pot with water and then put the chicken in, turning the burner on high. 

Now, for the veggies and the side dish. She knew that there was rice in the pantry, so that would make a good side dish. She walked over to the pantry and pulled it off of a high shelf. Now, there was the veggies. 

Asuna put the rice on the counter and pulled a knife out of a drawer, then picked up the different vegetables she had dug out of the fridge. There were carrots, onions, leaks, and cabbage. 

She began to cut up the carrots. As she started on the third, she heard Kazuto walk in behind her and sit down at the table. She looked away from the carrots and smiled at him. He was still groggy and looked like he was half dead. 

Asuna felt the tip of the knife pierce her finger. She gasped and dropped the knife before it got any further. Her hand was just beginning to bleed. She quickly held it over the sink and turned on the tap. The cut was pretty shallow, like a really bad paper cut. 

Asuna washed off her finger, then held a paper towel around it as she went into the bathroom to find a band aid. She opened the mirror cabinet and searched through all the different things. The bandages weren't there.

Kazuto walked into the bathroom behind her and got into the cabinet below the sink. He stood up with a box of bandages in his hands. 

"You should be careful. You could have seriously hurt yourself. There are sharks in the waters around here, so you have to be super careful. Also, you wouldn't want to lose the tip of one of your fingers.", he said. 

Kazuto opened the box and pulled out a clear plastic band aid. He grabbed Asuna's hand and set it on the bathroom counter, then opened the band aid. He took the paper towel off her hand, then wrapped her finger with the band aid. 

He picked up Asuna's hand, then kissed her finger. Asuna smiled and then hugged him. 

"Thanks. Now, let's go finish supper.", she said. 

Asuna let go of Kazuto and grabbed his hand, leading him back into the kitchen. He sat back down in the dining room and pulled his phone out of the pocket of his shorts. 

Asuna finished cuttig the veggies, then put them n the strainer and rinsed them off. She had managed to keep her blood off the carrots. 

When she had finished with the veggies, she checked the chicken. The pot had come to a steady boil and the chicken was beginning to turn white. She poured the veggies in with it, then went to go get the milk, salt, pepper, and a few other ingredients.