No Show

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up and looked around the room. Kazuto was sleeping behind me with his arms around my waist, holding me in a hug. I looked over at the clock. It was 8:00. We'd slept in a lot today. I stirred and turned over in Kazuto's arms. He was still asleep. I put my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. His eyes fluttered open and focused on me. 

"Good morning, Beautiful.", he said after a moment. 

"Good morning, Handsome.", I replied. 

Kazuto smiled and let me go, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes. I sat up with him and stretched my arms above my head. 

"What do you want for breakfast?", I asked. 

"Let's just do cereal today. I'm not in the mood to have to clean up the kitchen too much.", he said. 

"Ok.", I said. I swung my legs off the bed and stood up. I was super cheerful this morning. It might have had to do with the fact that I was going shopping today, but it also could have been the pillow fight from last night.

I stretched my legs, then grabbed my phone off the dresser. I opened the bedroom door and made my way down the hall to the kitchen. Everything from our board game and pillow fight was still out. I smiled at the thought of it, then walked into the kitchen. I got down the cereal and a couple of bowls, then got out some spoons. I set them all on the table, then poured myself some cheerios. 

Kazuto walked into the kitchen. He looked wide awake, just like me, despite just having woken up. I patted the seat next to me, signaling for him to sit down next to me. 

"What has you so happy this morning?", Kazuto asked. 

"I don't know, but I feel really good. I just hope that nothing ruins my mood.", I answered. 

Kazuto poured himself some cereal, then began eating. I got up and poured us each a glass of juice, then set them down in front of us. Kazuto smiled at me as I set it down, then took my seat again. I continued eating my cheerios until I'd finished the bowl. When I was done, I took the bowl to the sink and rinsed it off, then loaded it into the half full dishwasher. Kazuto followed close behind me. 

"I'm gonna go clean up the living room. After that, I'm getting a shower, and then I'm going to start getting ready for my shopping trip.", I said. 

"OK. I'll help you with the living room", Kazuto said. 

We picked up the throw pillows and put them back on the couch, then gathered up all the cards from Candy Land and put them back in the box. I took the box to the pantry closet and reached up to put it back on the shelf. I couldn't quite reach it. Kazuto came to help me, pushing the box up into its place. I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek again. 

Kazuto blushed and smiled back. We walked out of the pantry closet and into the dining room where we put away the cereal. When we'd cleaned up everything, I went back into the bedroom to find something to wear. I pulled out a pink tank top with a gray cardigan, then looked around in the closet until I found my pink, grey, and tan polka dotted skirt. I laid it out on the bed with my top, then dug through my shoes  and got out my pink flats. 

I set the outfit down on the bed, shoes on the floor, then walked out the door and went to the bathroom to get a shower.

~~

I walked back into the bedroom, wrapped in a towel. Kazuto was still in the living room, so I was alone. I quickly changed into the outfit I'd laid out. I'd decided not to wash my hair, since I'd washed it last night, so I just had to brush it and fix it up.