Missing You

Asuna's p.o.v.

I opened my eyes the next morning. I looked around, then saw the Amusphere on my bedside table. Immediately those horrible memories of watching my daughters be killed, flooded my brain. Tears welled up in my eyes and I curled up, letting them fall onto my pillow. Kazuto hugged me from behind. 

"I don't know how to go on.", I sobbed. 

He just nodded and hugged me tighter. I turned over and buried my face in his shoulder, letting my sorrow out in the form of tears. I could feel my shoulder slowly getting wet as Kazuto cried into it.

~flashback~

I stood up and looked over at Liz and Coltin. They were blushing a little. 

"Well, it's good to see you.", Liz said. 

I nodded and stepped towards her for a hug. Yui and Thea were hugging behind us, Yui comforting Thea. 

I had just stepped away from Liz when I heard a scream from behind me.

I turned around just in time to see a huge mole beast erupt from the ground and bite Yui in half. The  look of fear and sadness on her face. The last expression I would ever see on her sweet face. Her body dematerialized right before my eyes. Thea screamed and cowered away. I rushed to protect her, drawing my sword, tears falling from my eyes at an uncontrollable rate. and blurring my vision.

I was too late. It had her in its claws and was tearing her apart.

 Rage filled my heart and I drew my sword. Liz and Coltin stood there petrified as the beast made its way towards us. I rushed at it, cutting into its hide with my rapier. 

The mole beast reared back and batted at us with its claws, hitting Liz and Coltin, who flew backwards and hit a tree, both dying on impact.

The beast made to snap at me, so I jumped aside and slashed at it with my sword, hitting its neck and sternum. Just then, Kirito appeared and joined the fight. 

"GIVE MY BABIES BACK! GIVE THEM BACK YOU MONSTER, GIVE THEM BACK!", I screamed at the top of my lungs, still swinging my sword and growing more fierce with every slash I made. 

Finally, the beast gave a final roar of defeat and died. 

~end of flashback~

I began to cry even harder into Kazuto's shoulder, sobs racking my body

I began to cry even harder into Kazuto's shoulder, sobs racking my body. Kazuto stroked my hair and sobbed into my shoulder. 

"It's all my fault. They died looking at me, expecting me to save them, but I couldn't. This is all my fault.", I sobbed. 

Kazuto sat up and grabbed my shoulders. He still had tears in his eyes and he looked at me with the worst expression of pain that made me feel like my heart had been crushed. 

"I don't know what happened, but it is not your fault. I know that you wouldn't let them die. You would never just stand aside and let that happen to them. You cannot blame yourself for what happened.", he said, holding me firmly by the shoulders. 

I shut my eyes tightly and looked away from him. I sobbed even harder now. Kazuto took his hand off my shoulder and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at him. I still didn't open my eyes. 

Kazuto's mouth came down on mine, quickly, yet gently. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him, glad for at least some kind of comfort. He had his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. 

Before I knew it, I had my hands under the rim of his shirt, pulling it up and he had his hands on my thighs, pushing my nightgown up. I let out a moan as Kazuto moved from my mouth and began kissing down my jaw. He made his way down to my collarbone and then pulled my nightgown off so he could continue.

As we went further, I forced myself to stop thinking of the horrible tragedy that had occurred just the day before. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want you to know that I cried my heart out while writing these two chapters. It crushed me to have to do this. I know that this is really hard, but it will get better. I have my reasons for killing Yui and Thea, but they would be better explained after I get to the right point in the story. I know that I kind of teased you earlier in the book, making you wonder why Thea was in the game, but there was no real reason. She was really just part of the dragon dungeon. 

I sincerely apologize for putting you through this heartache, on top of that, short chapters, but I will update again soon, and after this part has blown over, it will get much better, I promise you. If you have questions or comments, feel free to leave a comment or message me privately. 

-Scarlet