What Happened at School

Asuna opened her eyes at 7:00 on Monday morning. She looked at her clock and groaned. She had school. Asuna attended an expensive college called Osaka University. It was the third best college in Japan. Asuna only agreed to go there because it was close to where Kirito lived. She would get to see him during lunch. She occasionally went with him to school. 

Asuna sat up in bed and felt the cold air surround her. She shivered. Asuna looked down at her floor and knew it wouldn't be fun to put her feet on that. She reached down and grabbed her house shoes and put them under her blanket. She had to warm them up first. 

After she thought her feet wouldn't freeze in the slippers, she slid them onto her feet and then swung her legs over the edge of the bed. She was still in her skirt from yesterday. It was all crumpled and wrinkled where she had slept in it. Asuna got up and hit the radio button on her alarm clock. Instantly, the local radio station began to play. It was mostly talk radio the rest of the day, but in the mornings, it was always music. 

The song Fix You came on. It was an older song. Asuna wasn't that old when it had come out. Her mother had been 20 when it came out. She was now 34. Asuna looked around her room and daydreamed for a moment. She caught herself and slapped her face a couple times to wake herself up.

She walked over to the closet and pulled it open. She decided on a gray argyle sweater that she would pair with dark jeans and the jewelry that Kazuto had given her. She grabbed the sweater and walked over to her dresser, where she opened the first drawer and got out a black camisole. She then dug around in her middle drawer for a dark pair of jeans. 

Once the ensemble was complete, Asuna put it on. She liked the way it looked. It was slim fit, but the sweater came down over her rear, where her jeans were a little too tight. Asuna adjusted the bottoms of the jeans over her feet. they were turned inwards, making it look just a little awkward.

Asuna then moved her attention to her hair. It was a mess. She didn't see any hope of a ponytail, so she just did it the way it had been done last night. It looked alright, but there was a little strand of hair that wouldn't stay where she wanted it. It kept falling into her face. She finally just tucked it into her braid and left it there. 

Asuna had just sat down when her cell phone beeped. She got back up and went over to check it. She had a text message from Sugu, who was obviously still groggy from waking up on a winter morning. 

Sugu: Can you come over on your way here. Kazuto still hasn't woken up. He keeps turning over when I try to get him up. I need you to wake him up for me. 

Asuna: Sure thing. Wouldn't want him to be late to school. I'll leave right now. 

Asuna ran over to her closet and picked up a pair of boots , which she carried down the stairs with her phone, purse and books. On the way out the door, she grabbed a poptart out of the pantry and then put it in her purse. 

When Asuna got outside, she clicked the keys to her car and ran over to it. She opened the door, putting her things in the passenger seat and getting in. She had only just managed to get her boots on without tripping. 

She started the engine and dug her pop tart out of her purse. She opened the package and shoved one of them into her mouth and put the car in drive, easing out of her tight little spot on the street. Her car was evidently in the middle of a bunch of cars that had come to her neighbor's house. She backed out and then began the long commute. She could have gone to The University of Tokyo, which she would have had to move out for. 

Asuna was glad that her college wasn't far. It was an hour away, but it wasn't that bad. To get to Tokyo from her house, she had to drive three and a half hours. That was way too far. Kazuto's house would be in the opposite direction, which would have been horrible.