Lazy day

Asuna woke up in Kazuto's arms. Her head was nuzzled up against his chest and his arms were around her, hugging her tightly. His breathing was slow and even. Asuna smiled, then closed her eyes again and slowly fell back asleep. 

~~~

Kazuto's p.o.v.

I woke up with Asuna in my arms. She was asleep with her head resting on my chest. I smiled and took one of my arms from around her. I couldn't move without waking her up, so I just laid there. I knew that the change in my breathing patterns would wake her up soon. 

Within the first couple of minutes, Asuna began to stir. I looked down at her as her eyelashes fluttered open and she looked around. I had never seen her wake up, other than once. I loved the way that her eyes wander around before focusing on something. 

She looked around, then picked her head up and propped her chin on my chest, looking up at me with sleepy eyes. 

"Good morning, Sleepyhead.", I said. 

"Morning.", she said groggily. 

I smiled and then brushed a strand of hair out of her face. She sat up and looked around, rubbing her eyes. 

"I woke up a little while ago, but I didn't want to wake you up, so I went back to sleep.", she said.

"Oh. Sorry.", I said. 

"No, it was nice to sleep in a little bit. I'm so used to getting up early for school that I do it out of habit. It's nice to sleep a little longer than you know you're supposed to.", she giggled.

I sat up and smiled at her. She leaned forward and planted a kiss on my lips. I smiled and kissed her back. She giggled and then stretched her arms upward. 

"What should we do today?", she asked. 

I thought about it. 

"How about we stay in today?", I asked. 

"That sounds perfect.", she said, putting her arms back down and smiling again. 

I chuckled. 

"Yeah, I figured we should at least have one or two days to just stay home. After all, when we get back, we have to make up for the days that we missed at work.", I said. 

"Yeah, well I'm using my vacation days, so you might have to, but I will be just fine.", Asuna said. 

I worked taking apart computers for the city. I got them in, tested them, took them apart, put them back together, then shipped them off again. Asuna didn't have any idea how I liked that job, but I got to learn about all of these different types of computers, so it was really cool.

"So, what should we do on our lazy day?", I asked. 

Asuna thought for a moment. She scrunched up her nose, then looked around. She got up and then got into her backpack. She pulled out a shoebox that she had obviously decorated. It had a pink lid with a couple of bunnies and dogs on it. 

"We could look through some of our old memories.", she suggested.

I smiled. 

"That sounds good.", I said. 

Asuna brought the box over and set it on the bed in front of us. I reached over and took the lid off of it. Inside, there were pictures and trinkets and all sorts of things. 

"I put some more in there, but they are from a few years back, so I'm not sure you'll remember them.", Asuna said, sitting down on the bed next to me.