A New Title

Kazuto slipped the ring onto Asuna's finger. It was the perfect fit. She still had tears trying to escape her eyes. Asuna hugged her fiancé. Kazuto squeezed her lightly, not wanting to hurt her. Asuna let go a little to look at him. She leaned up and brushed her mouth against his. Kazuto deepened the kiss. Neither of them heard Sugu walk into the room. 

Sugu jumped back and screamed. Kazuto and Asuna sprang apart. They looked at Sugu and then each other. Kazuto laughed. Asuna just stood there, embarrassed. 

"You guys should really pick a more private place to make out.", Sugu said. She took off upstairs and they heard her bedroom door close. Kazuto still hadn't stopped laughing. Asuna just looked down at her ring. It was a beautiful silver ring with diamonds and rubies set into the band in an alternating pattern. 

"So I take it that you like the ring?", Kazuto asked, finally gaining control of his laughter. Asuna nodded vigorously. He put his arms around her and hugged her. She put her face into his shoulder and snuggled with him. 

Sugu reappeared, making Asuna look up at her. She smiled at Asuna then turned into the kitchen. She came back out a minute later with a plate of leftover rice balls. She sat down at the table and started eating them. Kazuto released Asuna and grabbed her hand, leading her over to Sugu.

"Sugu, guess what?", Kazuto said. 

"Hmm?", she mumbled with a mouth full of food. 

Kazuto held up Asuna's hand, showing her the ring. Sugu looked at it for a minute and then gasped. She started choking on her food, but quickly got it down. She stood up and shouted, 

"When did you get engaged?!"

Asuna and Kazuto laughed. 

"Right before you walked in.", Kazuto said, still laughing. 

Sugu looked astounded. "Seriously? I should have come home earlier, then I could have seen it!", she said. 

"Well, I would've waited until you were out of the room to do it. It's hard enough trying to do it just in front of Asuna, let alone with an audience. I wanted to wait until we were alone.", he retorted. 

"By the way, are you ok, Asuna. I know what happened, to an extent, and I'm not going to ask, but what are your injuries like?", Sugu asked, her voice suddenly dripping with concern. Asuna looked at her brace. It was so annoying. 

"I have a cracked collarbone, a bruised rib, and a split lip, but other than that, I'm fine. It could have been a lot worse. I could have a few other broken bones and a punctured lung. Then I'd still be in that E.R.", Asuna said. 

Sugu stood up and opened her arms to hug Asuna. She pulled Asuna in and hugged her a little harder than was comfortable, but ASuna tried not to squirm. Sugu let go and backed up, looking at Asuna.

Sugu looked at Asuna like she was both the luckiest and most unfortunate girl in the world. Asuna looked away from her and then turned to Kazuto, who still had his fingers intertwined with hers. She scooted in closer to him and laid her head on his shoulder. 

Kazuto looked over at the clock and said, 

"We'd better get you home, Asuna. Your mom will have my head if she finds out you were here the whole time. We can just tell her that you were in the hospital and I brought you home since you were in no shape to drive."

Asuna nodded and went to go put her shoes back on. She pretty much only had one hand. The brace kept her right arm pinned up on her side. She had a little trouble with things, like her shoes, but she could still do it, thankfully.