The Dungeon

Asuna looked down. She had a large gaping cut going diagonally across her chest. She reached for a potion, knowing that that was the only thing that could save her now. Her friends needed her. They were scouting out the dungeon to find Hrotti, the magic weapon, garden by a dragon. They were currently trying to get rid of the monsters and guardians protecting the next level of the dungeon. They were pretty much assessing the strength of the monsters. There were some that were stronger than others. One monster was so strong, they were having a little bit of a hard time killing it.

Asuna gulped down the potion. It had a minty taste that made her feel cold. She stood up and felt her wounds go away. She picked up her sword from the ground. The others were fighting all around her in a whirl of swords and lights, and smoke. The ring of metal against metal hung in the air as Kirito slashed at the beast. The monster was at least 10 feet tall with fur and armor. They resembled tigers, but they stood on two feet and had eyes that burned like fire. They used maces and were slashing at the fairy warriors with all their might. The group had managed to deplete two of their three health bars. There were only two of them, but they were very strong.

Kirito called Asuna's name. She was there in an instant. Asuna swung her sword around to slash at the monster, but it predicted her move and sidestepped so that she missed. Asuna went rolling. She stood up and decided to abandon the sword and aid the team with magic. She sheathed her sword and took out her wand.

"Aldaes mirets ygeia", she said. Immediately, everybody's health bar went up. Sugu was slashing wildly at the beast in front of her. Silica was trying to attack from behind. Pina flew around her, shooting bubbles from her mouth. The monster in front of her stopped moving and wavered like a projection. It burst into crystal-like shards of blue light.

"Thanks, Silica", Asuna heard Sugu say. Silica smiled and jumped into the air, raising her fist. She was adorable. Yui's calls of excitement could be heard from Kirito's pocket.

"He's about to strike on your left, Daddy!", she called. Kirito jumped to the right just as the giant mace came down right where he had been standing. Asuna concentrated with all her might on the spell that would freeze the beast. She spoke the words of her spell and then opened her eyes to find that it had been done.

"Daddy, you have ten seconds before he wakes up! Thanks, Momma!", Yui called. Asuna smiled and then reached for her sword again. She heard the metallic ring as it slid out of the scabbard. Asuna sped forward, lunging at the monster. She used her Mother's Rosario skill to slay the beast right as it unfroze.

Asuna still got teary eyed as she thought about the person who gave her the skill. Yuki had been Asuna's good friend, almost like a sister. She missed her bitterly and held onto her memory. Asuna silently thanked Yuki for her sacrifice. She felt a tear roll down her cheek. Before anybody could see, she wiped it away.

Asuna felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Kirito standing there smiling. She smiled back at him. Yui flew out of Kirito's pocket and landed on Asuna's shoulder. Asuna laughed as Yui planted a kiss on her cheek.

"You did great, Momma. Daddy was having trouble.",she teased.

"Hey, no I wasn't, I just wasn't giving it my all. I was saving my strength for later when I might need it.", Kirito said, obviously lying to make himself look better. Asuna couldn't contain her laughter. Kirito laughed with her, along with everyone else. Sugu looked like she was about to die of laughter. She probably thought of something that happened at home.

"Well, should we continue? We still have one more level to go before we get to the boss room.", said Kirito. Asuna yawned and looked at the clock. It was already 12:05.

"I think we should get some rest. Not all the monsters will have respawned by tomorrow. We can wait that long. We should recuperate and come back.", she said. Silica agreed, rubbing her eyes. Her ears were drooping, along with her eyelids. Pina was sitting on her head, already sleeping. Sugu looked as alive as ever.