Wings for a Tail

Kazuto's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes. My hand was still in Asuna's and she was stirring beside me. I pulled my NerveGear off my head and set it on the nightstand. Asuna reached up and turned on the lamp. 

"Well, I guess we're going back later. What should we do for lunch?", Asuna asked. 

Suddenly, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and looked at the screen. I had a text from Agil. 

Agil: Have you guys had lunch yet? if not, then come over here. It'll be on the house.

I showed Asuna the text. 

"Sounds good to me. I could really go for a lemonade.", she said. 

I texted Agil back. 

Kazuto: Sounds good. Be there soon.

Send. 

"We need to get dressed.", Asuna said. 

I nodded and sat up. I got up off the bed and walked across the room to the closet. I pulled out a grey shirt and some jeans, along with a black hoodie. Asuna was pulling a red top out of her drawers, along with a pink and red skirt. 

We changed quickly and then headed out the door. Asuna had her purse slung over her shoulder. She was wearing the white one that I'd bought her for Valentine's day a couple years back.

When we got to the car, I opened the door for her. I didn't have a car, I just had a bike, and since she was in a short skirt, we opted for the car. 

Asuna got in and buckled up while I walked around to my side and got in. When we were ready, I pulled out of the parking lot and we drove across town to the Dicey Cafe. 

When we pulled up, we noticed that there was a 'reserved' sign on the door. When we walked in, everything was dark. Suddenly, the lights came on and everybody jumped out and yelled 

"WELCOME BACK!"

Asuna nearly jumped out of her skin. I almost screamed. I felt the color drain from my face, then come back more intensely. I blushed brighter than Asuna's shirt. 

Everybody laughed and came to greet us. Silica and Sugu hugged Asuna. Liz came and got right up in my face. 

"So? How was it? Did you *ahem* have fun?", she asked with that creepy smile on her face. 

That only made me blush even worse. 

"That's none of your business!", I said quickly. She just laughed and patted my shoulder. 

"Welcome back.", she said before walking off to go greet Asuna. 

Klein had been standing behind her, waiting politely. He punched my shoulder as soon as Liz was out of the way. 

"Ow. What was that for?", I asked, rubbing my shoulder. 

Klein just laughed. 

"Welcome back and also, congratulations. I know I said that at the wedding, but still.", he said. 

I smiled. 

"Thanks, man.", I said, patting him on the back.

Agil was next. 

"Hey. How's the married life treating you?", he asked. 

"Too early to tell.", I said chuckling. 

"Well, if there's ever anything you need, you just let us know.", he said, putting his arm around his wife. 

I nodded and let them past to welcome Asuna back. Next, Asada and Silica approached me. I smiled at them as they neared me. 

"Welcome back. How was the honeymoon?", Asada asked.