Lazy Day

Asuna opened her eyes in pain. Her rib was killing her. She had probably slept on it wrong. She stood up and walked to the bathroom. There were pain killers behind the mirror. She opened the cabinet and took out the ibuprofen. the pill bottle opened with a snap and she poured two tablets into her hand. 

She didn't have water, but she didn't care. She was in so much pain she was considering just lying down on the floor and crying. She didn't. She took the pills with her and set the bottle on the table by her bed. She had a water bottle on her dresser. She took a swig, then placed it with the pills and got back into bed. After she got still, she couldn't feel the pain as much. She was able to drift into a restless sleep and stay that way. 

It felt like it had been five minutes when she was awoken again. This time, it wasn't from pain. She felt a pair of lips touch her forehead. Her eyes fluttered open. Kazuto's face was inches from hers. That was probably the best thing she would ever wake up to.  He smiled at her and then pressed a kiss to her lips. She wanted to deepen the kiss, but her injuries wouldn't let her move. 

Kazuto stood up and walked to the door. He stopped right outside and turned back to face her. 

"I love you. I won't see you until later. I'll come over after school. Don't hurt yourself an more and remember what the doctor said.", he whispered just loud enough for Asuna to hear, but quiet enough so that you couldn't hear it if you were anywhere else other than in front of him. 

She smiled and nodded. He turned and left, his bag slung around his shoulder. She watched him walk down the hallway and then walk down the stairs. Asuna pulled up her left hand and looked at her ring, admiring it and moving it so that the light made it sparkle. She held her hand to her heart and fell back asleep only to dream about their wedding. 

In the dream, she was standing underneath the stars in a wedding gown. She looked down at herself. It was a beautiful dress with a corset top and a few hints of red in it. The The sleeves were long and covered the back of her hand. 

She looked up again to see Kazuto standing at the end of a white aisle in a black suit. She suddenly was aware of the bouquet in her hand and her father standing next to her. She took his arm and they walked slowly down the aisle, meeting Kazuto at the end. Her father put her hand in his and then Sugu, Asuna's maid of honor, took her bouquet. 

Klein was Kazuto's best man. He stood behind Kazuto, smiling. Asuna looked out into the audience to see that everybody was there. Her teachers, her friends, her family, Kazuto's friends and family, and even some of her Dad's friends. The only person who was missing was her mother. 

Asuna looked around trying to find her mother. When she couldn't find her, she turned back to Kazuto. He smiled at her and she felt alright again. They turned to face the officiator, who happened to be Agil. He was smiling widely at them. 

The ceremony commenced and Agil recited the wedding officiation. When it came time for their vows, they repeated them and then kissed passionately. They broke away and smiled at eachother. They turned to face the audience and then walked back down the aisle. 

They went into the reception area, where there were lanterns hanging from the trees and decorative tables set up with food, drinks, and party favors. The cake was the main attraction. It was a four tier cake decorated with red, white, and black. The white cake was covered in red roses and black ribbons, making it seem very appropriate for a wedding, while commemorating their colors. 

Asuna walked with Kazuto over to the tables to get their food. She put a few things on her plate and then sat down. She had some salad, a small steak, and a little scoop of rice. She sat down and waited for her groom to join her. He was still putting things on his plate. He had no room on it left when he finally sat down. Only then, did Asuna realize that she had forgotten to get a drink.