Some Assembly Required

You might want to listen to the music while you read it. It just enhances the cuteness of the chapter.

Kazuto's p.o.v.

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of Asuna's lips on my cheek. I sat up and looked around slowly. Asuna sat there on the bed smiling down at me. I smiled back at her, then sat up in bed. 

"Good morning.", she said.

"Morning.", I replied, rubbing my eyes to wake myself up. 

"We finally get to go put the nursery together today. I'm so excited!", she said, looking at the door. 

"Yeah, but let's eat breakfast first. Last night was rough and I really want pancakes.", I said.

"OOh. That sounds good. I'll go make some.", she said. 

Asuna got up and opened the door. She walked out and disappeared down the hallway. I swung my legs  over the edge of the bed and followed Asuna into the kitchen. She was already bustling around and getting out ingredients. I reached up into the top cabinet and got down a big red bowl for her to mix the batter in. I set it on the counter and she smiled at me again.

Asuna whipped up the pancake batter in no time and poured it into a ketchup bottle. She had already heated up the frying pan, so she squirted a generous amount into the pan and then let it cook. When it looked done on one side, I got out a spatula and flipped it. It was golden brown on the other side, almost the color of Asuna's hair.

When the pancakes were done, we set them on the table and then I got out the maple syrup and set it with them. Asuna got out a couple of plates and forks, then we sat down and ate the pancakes quickly. Once we were done, I took out plates and loaded them into the dishwasher, along with everything else. Asuna came to help me and we knocked out the dishes.

Right after we finished, Asuna turned and began to walk off. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a position where I was hugging her from behind. She laughed and I kissed her forehead, then spun her outwards. We danced through the kitchen for no reason. Towards the end, we slowed to a waltz, then did that until Asuna started to get dizzy. I stopped and took her over to the table to sit down.I filled a glass with water, then handed it to her to cool her off.

"Well as fun as this has been, we should get to work on the nursery.", Asuna said. 

I nodded and Asuna stood up. She took a couple gulps of the water, then she turned and I followed her down the hallway. We turned right into the guest bedroom and got to work. I unpacked the first crib and Asuna red the directions out to me as we went. More than once, I screwed something in the wrong way and I had to look back at the directions.

After an hour, we finally had the first crib built and set up in the corner of the room. I looked around. We'd have to get the bed out of here if we were going to fit two cribs in here. The dresser had to stay anyway, but the bed and the nightstand had to go so we could have room for everything.

"We'll have to move the bed and the nightstand. We won't have enough room, otherwise.", I said.

"Yeah, I just thought about that. The bed is a rollway fold up. It won't be hard to store, we just need to put it in my storage locker at some point.", Asuna said.

"You have a storage locker?", I asked. 

"Yeah. I don't really have that much in there, just a desk and some of my old things. My mom wouldn't let me keep anything at the house in the garage, or in the attic, or in my old room, so I got a storage locker to keep it in.", she said.

"Ok, well if you'll go with me, I'll put it in there.", I said.

"Ok. We'll go when we get your bike.", she said.