Preparations

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up to the sound of humming while sitting in Kazuto's arms on the couch. I'd fallen asleep in his lap. I was sitting with my back against him and my head laid back on his shoulder. Kazuto had one arm around my shoulder, the other resting on my stomach, his thumb rubbing in small circles. He had his cheek rested on my forehead. I smiled and listened to the tune he was humming. It sounded like it was old. I listened further and tried to place the tune. After a few minutes, he noticed that I'd woken up.

"Hey.", he said smiling.

"Hi.", I said.

"You know, I get paid tomorrow, so we should go get some stuff to prepare for the twins.", Kazuto said out of nowhere.

"Oh. I guess so. I feel like we should wait until we know what they are, though. That way we can get stuff that matches their genders.", I said.

"I mean stuff like car seats, cribs, a stroller, stuff like that. We'll need to convert the guest room into a nursery.", Kazuto said.

"I suppose so. Alright. Let's do it. I get paid on Thursday, so we can still buy groceries.", I said. 

"Oh, speaking of pay. I'm gonna ask for a raise. If I'm gonna support three other people and myself, I need to either have a better paying job, or just a better pay for my job. I like my job, but I was thinking about going to work for a company like your dad's.", he said.

"Ok. Just don't go quitting you job before you get another one, if that's what you decide to do. I mean, I like the idea of working for my dad. You'd have some job security, and it wouldn't be so bad going in to talk to him. Besides, he keeps telling you that you have a job with him any time you need it.", I said, recalling numerous times where my dad had said just that.

"Yeah, that may be what I do. I'd like something on the design team, that way I can actually create the plans, then we can test them and see how they work. I'd like to work with AI's. Nothing that will take over the world, just like security cameras, hospital equipment, that sort of thing. things that help people.", Kazuto said.

I liked that idea. He'd always been great at mechatronics, so it would be a good thing for him to do. Kazuto had always loved helping people, anyway.

~~Flashback~~

Kazuto and I walked down the sidewalk at the park, my hand in his. There were children playing on the playground and parents, who were engaged in conversation. A little girl in a green dress with black hair pulled up in pigtails was picking flowers by the fence. The girl couldn't have been older than two. She smiled and waved at us as we passed by. She looked so sweet and innocent. Kazuto and I waved back and laughed. 

A little boy in blue walked over and dumped a bucket of sand on her head, then laughed. The little girl fell and began crying and rubbing her eyes. The parents on the bench didn't hear. Kazuto let go of my hand and walked over to the little girl. He began dusting the sand off of her and then took her over to the water fountain and washed the sand out of her eyes. Next, he sat the little girl on a bench and I sat down next to her and undid her pigtails to shake the sand out of them. 

Kazuto walked over to the boy in blue, who was filling another bucket full of sand. He crouched down to the boy and began talking to him. The boy looked scared, but then looked over at the girl whose hair I was fixing. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. Kazuto pointed to her and said something firmly, but softly. The little boy walked over with a face full of shame. 

"I'm sorry I did that.", he said, wiping tears away from his face.

The little boy ran off before she could respond. He ran to his mother and sat down next to her. He didn't say anything, just sat there with tears in his eyes. Kazuto looked mildly annoyed, but not angry. The little girl smiled at him and thanked him, then when I had finished her pigtails, she ran off to go pick more flowers.