Celebrating

Kazuto's p.o.v.

"It's positive, Kazuto. I'm pregnant.", Asuna said. 

A smile cracked across my face as pure joy welled up inside me. I jumped up and hugged my wife, picking her up and spinning her around. She laughed and hugged me back. 

"I'm so glad.", I said. 

"We're finally going to be real parents! Oh, I can't wait!", Asuna squealed. 

I laughed and set her down. Asuna looked up at me and kissed me. I kissed her back and pulled her closer, making sure there was no distance between us. Asuna ran her fingers through my hair. In between a kiss, I pressed my forehead against hers and smiled, looking her in the eyes. I could see the happiness in them. 

"I love you so much.", I said. 

"I love you more.", Asuna said. 

"No you don't.", I said. 

"Yes, I do!", she said laughing. 

"OK, it's an even balance, then.", I said laughing with her. 

"Whatever. So, do you feel better, now?", she said. 

"Infinitely better. Thanks.", I said. 

"Hey, this was as much you as it was me.", Asuna said. 

"I know.", I said, blushing a little. 

"So, how should we celebrate this?", she asked. 

I thought about it. There were plenty of things we could do. An idea popped into my head and I smiled. This was perfect. 

"I have an idea. It's a surprise, though.", I said. 

"I like surprises.", Asuna said. 

I smirked and let her go. As soon as I did, she bent down to the ground and picked something up. I realized she'd dropped the pregnancy test because I hugged her and kissed her. I didn't think anything of it. 

"You might want to get dressed. We're going out to celebrate. I'm going to the kitchen to get some things, but don't go in there until I tell you.", I said. 

Asuna nodded and walked over to the trash can, throwing away the little purple stick. I left the bedroom and walked into the kitchen. I put away the things I'd gotten out earlier, then got out the sandwich stuff and went to making Asuna's favorite sandwiches. I put grilled turkey, apples, apple butter, and swiss cheese on some toasted bread, which I just threw in the toaster for a minute. 

I made four sandwiches, then put the sandwich stuff away and got out the chips. Asuna had a bunch of chips that she liked and wasn't picky, so I could pretty much grab anything and make her happy. I picked out a bag of regular potato chips for myself and a bag of sunchips for Asuna. I set the chips with the sandwiches, which I'd wrapped in seran wrap. Now, I needed drinks. I decided on peach tea, since Asuna and I both really liked that. We had some tea already, I just had to add the peach flavoring to it. 

I put the tea in a couple of water bottles we'd saved, then put all the food and stuff in a picnic basket. Now, the only thing I needed was a blanket and the music box. I walked into the hall and opened the closet, which was where we kept all the extra blankets. I decided on a black sheet, since Asuna would say something about stains if I didn't choose a dark color. I took the top sheet and folded it neatly, packing it on top of the food and closing the basket. 

I had one last thing to get, but I would have to get it on the way out. I opened the door and took the basket out to the car. I put it in the trunk and shut it, then ran back up to the apartment. Asuna was still in the bedroom, waiting on the bed.