Back To School

Asuna opened her eyes. She was still on the couch that she had fallen asleep on. It was almost 8:00. She picked up her phone. One missed call from Kazuto and one text from Kazuto. 

Kazuto<3: Hey. I made it home. I think you have gone to sleep, but call me when you get this. I want to hear your voice again.

Asuna pressed the video call button on the top of the screen. It started ringing. The front facing camera was on. Asuna looked surprisingly alright, considering that she had just spent the night on the couch. 

Kazuto's smiling face popped up on the screen. She smiled when she saw him. 

"Hey. I'm sorry. I had fallen asleep. I guess that I had tired myself out. What are you up to?", she asked. She got up and walked into her room. She dug out some new clothes, then went back to the couch. She needed a shower. 

"I just woke up. I had only just sat up in bed when you called. It was good incentive to actually wake up. Perfect timing, Babe. Thanks for that.", he said. 

"Your welcome. Is Sugu up? What did she say about you staying at my place for so long?", Asuna asked.

"She was joking about all sorts of stuff, I am sure you can imagine it all. She finally stopped when I faced her and said, 'What can we deduce from the fact that Shinichi is still here?'. She shut up after that.", Kazuto said laughing. 

"Ok, Sherlock. Slow your roll.", Asuna joked. That was another show that they both liked to watch. BBC Sherlock. 

"Well, it's not like she would have figured out my reference until I jokingly called her an Anderson. She spent days trying to find out what it was and finally gave up.", he said. 

Asuna giggled. She loved it when they talked about their shows. She also liked the Marvel movies, which were still big. Her favorite was Thor: Ragnarok. She loved the action in it. The fact that it was the closest that Marvel came to a Loki movie was a contributing factor. 

Kazuto set the phone down and then picked up a few books and shoved them in a bag. He stood up and picked up the phone again. 

"Well, I have to go. I will see you at lunch?", Asuna asked. 

"Yup. It's a date. I'll save your seat for you. I love you.", he said. 

"Love you, too. I'll bring meatball subs for lunch, Ok?", she said, 

"Sounds great. Bye, Asuna.", he said. 

"Bye Kazuto.", Asuna blew him a kiss. He pretended to catch it and then stick it on his cheek. She laughed and then watched the screen go blank. She got up and got a quick shower, and then left. 

She got to the campus and parked her car, then got out and walked inside. There were a lot of people who were bustling to and from class. Asuna went straight to the cafe. She knew that Arata would start creeping on her again if she didn't let him know that she was totally alright. She didn't like the constant shadow that followed her everywhere. 

She opened the door to the cafe and walked in. She took her normal seat in the booth by the door and got her phone out. Half a second later, Arata showed up at the table. Asuna looked up at him. She was surprised to see that he had some stitches on his forehead and a fading black eye, along with a split lip and a faded bruise on his jaw. 

Asuna looked at him, trying to figure out how he could've gotten injuries like that. He noticed her staring and then smiled and looked sheepish. 

"I don't guess you remember a lot. I was the one who tackled the professor. He got me pretty good, too. I only won by choking him until he passed out. I was screaming at you to run, I thought you would've realized who it was, but they said that you were really shaken.", he said.