Matrimony

Asuna stood behind the big gazebo curtains. It was positioned so that she would begin her walk down the aisle, but Kazuto wouldn't see her. The wedding was scheduled to begin in five minutes. Asuna felt like she was going to pass out.

Her father came up behind her and put a hand on Asuna's shoulder. She jumped and turned to look at him. She had been lost in thought, so she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. Her father smiled down at her with tears glistening in his eyes.

Asuna threw her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. He put his arms around her and held her tightly. It felt safe when she was around him. He always made her feel protected.

"So, I after the wedding, I have something for you. You have to wait until then, though. It's a surprise.", said Asuna's father.

"Ok. I can't wait. Thank you so much for the dress, again. I love it.", she said.

"I'm so glad that you love it, but if you hug me anymore, you might wrinkle it. We wouldn't want that.", he said.

Asuna let go just as the music began. She almost began to panic, but her father grabbed her arm and put it around his own. Asuna waited for her cue, then they began walking down the long aisle. The bridesmaids and the flower girl were in front of the tent and would be going first, then after that, Asuna and her father. The ring bearer was already out there.

They stepped out of the curtains and walked with the music. They walked through the snow covered field up to the rows of chairs that were sitting in front of an altar. On the steps in front of the altar, stood Kazuto. He was wearing a white suite and a black tie.

The minute that Asuna laid eyes on him, her nerves subsided and her knees no longer felt like they were going to give out under her. She had more sureness in her step and she walked the rest of the way to him without breaking her gaze.

When they got to the steps, her father took her hand and put it in Kazuto's. He kissed her on the cheek and whispered in her ear.

"I love you to the moon and back"

Asuna smiled. That was the story he used to read to her when she was little. He would read it every night before she went to bed.

Asuna handed her bouquet to Sugu, her chief bridesmaid, then put her other hand in Kazuto's. The officiator signaled for everybody to sit down. Asuna looked out into the crowd. She was looking for her mother. She quickly looked at every face in the crowd, but her mother wasn't there.

Asuna turned her eyes back to Kazuto. He was grinning ear to ear. She smiled back at him as the officiator began his speech.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Yuuki Asuna and Kirigaya Kazuto. These two have endured plenty of hardships throughout their time together. Both fell victim to the VRMMO, Sword Art Online. During that time, the two grew close. Now, as we stand here, they are prepared to make their vows to one another and become one in marriage. Kazuto, you may begin your vows.", the officiator said.

"Asuna,", Kazuto began, "I met you purely by chance. I only met you because I was selfish and I didn't want to seem pathetic to the other players, so I took you as my first party member. As we went through the game, we separated, but when I met you again, it was something more than just chance.

"Before you came into my life, I was lonely. I even shunned my little sister because I was so pathetic and I didn't want her to see my weaknesses. When I met you, you fixed all of my flaws and made me stronger. When I was with you in SAO, those were some of the happiest days of my life because I was with you and Yui.

"When we ended the game, and I thought you were dead, I went back to being the boy that I was before I met you. I was lonely, pathetic, and depressed. When I found you again, it was the happiest day of my life, other than today. I might have been married to you in the virtual reality, but now that we are in the real world, I'll say it again.