New Friends

Asuna opened her eyes. She looked around her room and smiled slightly. Her kimono was still hanging on the door. She remembered the magical night that she'd had. She still remembered every detail. The lake, the stars, the fireworks, and most of all, Kazuto.

She sat up and turned off her phone alarm, which was buzzing loudly, vibrating the bedside table. She tapped the screen and shut it off. Her wallpaper, a picture of her and Kazuto, popped up. She picked up her phone and smiled at it. She loved that photo. She remembered the day that it was taken. She andKazuto had gone to the beach. She was in her swimsuit and Kazuto had his trunks and a shirt.

They were having an epic splashing battle. Liz picked up Asuna's phone and took a picture. Asuna hadn't noticed the photo until later. She had been going through her photos deleting some of them that were taking up her memory.

Asuna smiled. There was a knock at the door. She looked down at herself to make sure she was decent. She adjusted the comforter to hide her legs then said jokingly,

"I grant thee entrance to my domain",using a queenly tone to exaggerate it further.

Kazuto came in with a slight smile on his face.

"My good lady. I come bearing your breakfast. Without further a due, I present to you scrambled eggs and buttered toast with grape jelly.", he said.

He even bowed to her, putting his head down and holding it up to her. She laughed as she took the tray and set it on her lap. He had even put a bottle of water on it. Kazuto stood up laughing.

He went to the bed and climbed on the other side, then sat down, leaning back on the pillow. He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, making her blush as she spread the jelly on her toast. She giggled as he slid his arm aroundher shoulders.

She took a bite of the toast. It was really good. It was golden brown and crispy, just the way she liked.it. Kazuto had cooked for her before, so it wasn't a surprise to her that he could cook. She knew that he was good at it. She had even taught him some things, like how to season meat and how to cook fish.

Asuna finished her toast first. After she did, she started talking to Kazuto as she ate her eggs.

"So, I was thinking that we could have the wedding at night, in a place where we could see all the stars, then have the reception under a gazebo. I think that an outside wedding would be amazing.", she said.

"That sounds really nice. We could hang lanterns up so that we could see. I think that would be awesome.", he said.

Asuna smiled. She liked it when he had good ideas. Not that he never did, but it wasn't too often that he voiced his ideas.

"What should the colors be for our wedding?", she asked.

"Well, how about our traditional colors? Black and red on a white background.", he suggested.

"That sounds good. I'd like that.",she said.

Asuna picked up the last piece of egg on her plate and stuck it into her mouth. The eggs were fluffy and salty. They were amazing. She set her chopsticks down on her tray,then picked up the bottle of water and took a swig to wash it down.The water was room temperature. She didn't mind it. She preferred cold, but it wasn't like it mattered.

Kazuto pulled her over closer to him and rested his head on the top of hers. She cuddled up next to him and put her hand on his chest. He put his other arm around her and held her close to him. They stayed that way until Asuna's alarm went off again, telling her that if she didn't get up, she would be late.

She sat up and swung her legs off the bed, then walked over to the boxes that were stacked by the dresser.She opened one up and pulled out a pink sweater and a gray scarf. She bent down to the bottom drawer of the dresser and pulled out a pair of white pants.