Breaking the News

Asuna's p.o.v.

The alarm went off, waking me up from my restful sleep. Kazuto had his arms around me, holding me from behind. He stirred and pulled me closer, then put his cheek against mine. 

"goodmorning.", I said smiling. 

"Morning.", Kazuto said. 

"What time is it?", I asked. 

"6:00. I gotta get up and go to work.", Kazuto said. 

I sighed and waited for Kazuto to get up. He did, then I sat up with him. I rubbed my eyes and looked around at the bedroom that I'd seen every morning for the past half a year. I smiled a little at the memory of yesterday and all that had happened. I blushed a little as I remembered what Kazuto had told me on the hill. His list of everything he loved about me.

Kazuto jumped out of bed and walked over to the closet. He pulled out a pair of jeans and his only white shirt that wasn't his school uniform. He changed into the clothes he'd pulled out then pulled out his blue cardigan and shrugged it on. I looked at his hair. He had one strand that was sticking up weirdly at the back. It reminded me of a bugle, pointed skywards with pride. 

I laughed a little out loud. Kazuto turned around and gave me a look of curiosity. I shook my head and kept laughing. 

"What?", he asked. 

"Your hair is sticking up in the back.", I said. 

Kazuto put his hand on the back of his head, feeling around for the stray lock of hair. He found it and started pushing it down. No matter how many times he did it, the strand of hair was not going to stay. I got up and walked over to him, grabbing my spray bottle from the dresser that I kept for situations like this. I sprayed the back of Kazuto's hair and combed the hair down until it stayed. 

"Thanks.", he said. 

"No problem.", I replied. 

I picked through the closet and found my gray skirt with the white ribbon. I laid it out on the bed, then grabbed my black long sleeved shirt. It was supposed to be cool outside today, so a long sleeved shirt seemed appropriate. I walked over to the bed, where I'd laid out my clothes, then changed into them. 

Kazuto was brushing through his hair, combing it so that it looked like it always had. I walked over to the dresser and picked up my hairbrush. My hair took a little longer to brush through because of its length, but I had mastered the art of doing it in under a minute. 

I quickly brushed through my hair, giving the left side a little extra attention, then put the brush back on the dresser. I walked to the door and opened it up, then walked down the hall to the kitchen. I pulled the fridge open and pulled out the canned cinnamon rolls. 

I pulled out a pie pan, then opened up the can of cinnamon rolls. They smelled like yeast. I arranged the rolls in the pan so that they all fit. There were five in the pan, so we would have plenty. Kazuto walked into the kitchen fully dressed for work. 

"Can you put the oven on 350?", I asked. 

Kazuto nodded and set the oven, then walked over to the fridge and pulled out the juice. He set it on the counter and then got out two cups from the cabinet. I walked over to the oven and popped the cinnamon rolls in the oven and closed it. The new ovens didn't take long to heat up. A minute at the most. I set the timer, then went to the cabinet and got down a couple of plates. 

Kazuto handed me a cup of juice. I took a sip of it. It was cranberry grape juice. I puckered my lips at the tartness of it, but otherwise it was really good. I took another sip, then set my glass down. Kazuto was standing there looking out the window at the courtyard of the apartment complex.