Chapter 1

The girl who I picture Alison above ^^

* * *

ALISON'S POV

"Happy birthday Alison!" Voices cried out, interrupting the peace and quiet in my room. I was still in bed, in a deep slumber. Someone tapped my shoulder next and I groaned in annoyance.

"Ali, wake up love! It's your birthday!" I blinked my eyes open to see my parents standing next to my bed.

It's my birthday and they seem more excited than me.

Sitting up in my bed, a yawn escaped from my lips.

"Happy birthday Alison!" My mum says cheerfully.

"Our baby is growing up too fast." Dad say, stroking my dark brown hair, making me giggle. "Dad!"

"It feels like yesterday that we were taking you to school for the first time. I hope that I don't have to give you the talk about responsibilities on your birthday." Dad teases.

"No dad. I am fine." I chuckle. "Why don't you come downstairs? I made your favorite." Mum beams and I nod in agreement.

"I'll be there soon." With that being said, they left my bedroom and I fall back in my bed.

I'm nineteen.

Last year of being a teen.

Time has flown by so fast. I remember how high school flown by fast year by year. Time is essence for everyone and we need to spend our time wisely.

I live with no regrets. I've enjoyed my nineteen years so far and I have so much ahead. It really excites me.

I got out of bed and went downstairs for breakfast. While walking downstairs, I could smell the aroma of pancakes.

Once I entered the kitchen, I sat at the table and there was a plate in front of me - Pancakes just like I assumed with Nutella.

Mum was definitely not joking about making my favourite.

"Thank you mum." I smile up at her. "So, what is the plan birthday girl?" Dad asks, eating his own plate of pancakes. "I have no idea actually. I need to check in with Clare."

Once I finished my breakfast, mum sits down with a white envelope in her hands.

"We weren't so sure what to get you for your birthday but I hope this enough for you to buy whatever you like." Mum explains and hands me the envelope.

I open up the envelope and there was a decent amount of money in there.

"Thank you so much mum and dad!" I gave them each a hug and kiss, showing my appreciation.

"Get dressed now. I'm sure you want to see Clare." Mum said. I went upstairs, had a shower, got dressed and left the house to visit Clare.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Happy birthday Ali!" Clare greets me with a huge hug and invites me inside.

Clare has been my best friend since we were little babies and she has always been there for me. I consider her as my sister because we do everything together and we did grow up together after all.

I sit down in the dining room and she brings us each a cup of Yorkshire Tea. "So, what is your plans today birthday girl?"

"That's why I am here but my parents gave me money so, I think I'm going to get a tattoo soon." Clare chokes on her tea and spits it out into her cup.