Chapter 8

ALISON'S POV

Clare hasn't said a word to me and I'm concerned because that is not her. She would bombard me with questions and statements and now that she is dead silent - It's slowly killing me.

"Clare, please say something." She smirks. "That is Zayn?" I nod. "He is fit. I'm proud of you Miss Brooks." "You always proud of me when it comes to men." I point out the truth.

"Not all-" I glare at her before she can even finished her sentence. Immediately, she raises her hands in front of her. "Okay, all the time but you definitely have great taste in men. I'm jealous." I chuckle.

"Hands off Clarissa. Zayn is mine." "Ooh. Feisty." We both burst out laughing.

"You two would make a good couple." "Thank you Clare but we not there yet. Nowhere near there actually."

"And can we discuss how he was acting shy when his mate Jay said he sings." "I didn't know he sings but that was cute."

"Please tell me what he said to you that you became all flustered and blushing." She begs and I shake my head. "No."

"Please Ali." She whines. "Stop whining." "If you tell me, I will stop then." I sigh in defeat.

"He just said I look beautiful today." "Aww." She coos. "That's so sweet."

We walked in and out of shops for a little bit longer and had our lunch. By two-thirty, we finished up with our shopping spree.

"Wow, time really goes fast when you are having fun." Clare says as we walk back to her black BMW.

"Are you coming with me tomorrow?" Clare starts the car's engine and drives out of the underground parking.

"I don't know. We having a family dinner at home and the whole family are coming so, I don't know if I can get out of it."

"That's fine. I'm sure Zayn will have another gig coming up again."

After a twenty minute ride back home, Clare arrives in front of my house. I opened the car door and walked to the boot of the car.

"I'll let you know." Clare helps me with my shopping bags to the house.

"Thanks a lot. I had a wonderful time."

"Yeah. We'll do it again soon. Enjoy the rest of your day Ali." "You too." I smile.

I walked onto the porch of the house and searched for my keys in my bag. Finally I opened the door and mum was standing in the passage.

"Wow. Did you buy the whole shopping centre?" She chuckles and took some of my shopping bags upstairs with me. "Thanks mum."

"So, how was your time with Clare?" Mum asks with a smile on her lips.

"We had a wonderful time and bumped into few friends and invited us to a singing gig tomorrow evening."

"That sounds like fun." My phone beeps in my pocket and I took it out.

A text from Zayn.

'It was great seeing you today. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 4PM. Can't wait to see you love :) x'

A smile appears on my lips while reply back. Mum grabs my phone out of my hand, reading what is on my screen.

"Mum!" I moan, trying to grab my phone out of her hold. "Hmm. So, tell me more about Zayn."

"He is no one mum." "Then why are you all smiley?" "Mum!" I whine and she shakes her head. "Come on Alison. I want to know." She lightly scolds.

I sit down next to her and look down at my lap. "He is a guy I like." "That explains yesterday you coming home all cheerful." I nod in approval.

"I want to meet him." "We nothing serious!" I defend, playfully glaring at her. "Even if you not then I still want to meet him." "Yes mum but you will like him." "I hope so." She smiles.

She gets up and stands in the doorway. "Just to let you know, you deserve to be happy again."

And I couldn't agree with her more. This was my shot at happiness.

¤ ¤ ¤

I woke up at eleven the next morning. I was really tired from the entire massive shopping spree yesterday which was fun so I can't really complain.

My phone beeps on my bed and I look at it to see a text from Clare.

'Morning Ali! Sorry, I can't make it. Have a great time with Zayn ;) xx'

"Alison!" A male voice shouted from downstairs.

Dad.

I went downstairs into the kitchen and took a seat at the table next to him.

"So, what is your plans today my dear?" Dad asks, sipping his coffee. "I'm just going to one of my friend's singing gig tonight. How are you feeling?" He smiles.

"Much better, love. Mum is at work of course. I'm just going to my doctor's appointment." He stands up and taking one last sip of his coffee. "Bye Ali. Love you baby." Dad kisses me on my cheek and left.

I decide to clean the house, do some laundry and unpack all the shopping bags from yesterday. By two-thirty, I finished up everything and headed to the shower.

The weather was less hot today than yesterday and Tuesday but it was still quite warm.

I really hate the British weather.

After showering, I put on my new crop top, skinny jeans and Vans. I left my long, dark brown hair loose in its curls and applied some mascara and lip gloss.

By the time it was four, the doorbell rang. I opened the door once I reached downstairs and there was Zayn standing.

He is dressed in a leather jacket, white t-shirt that clings onto his body, showing some of his ink, black skinny jeans and black Doc Martins.

"Hello Alison." He smiles. "Hi." I smile back, feeling the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

"You look nice." "Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I complemented. "Ready?" "Yeah." Grabbing my keys, I closed the door behind me.

Once I locked up, Zayn let his hand out and I gladly took it with no hesitation. His hand actually fitted into my mine and I had this funny feeling inside me.

Happiness.

The only thing I desired for such a long time.