Chapter 26

Picture of brother and sister above - Totally adorbs <3

¤ ¤ ¤

ALISON'S POV

"I'm here for this situation that is going on and another reason." Edward explains to me once I have finally calmed down from crying.

I really needed him in this current situation we are all in and I really have missed him. It has been a while since I saw him - Christmas time to be exact.

"Okay. What is the other reason?" I ask zealously. "So, you know I proposed to Nicole. I told her about what happened here and she has considered moving here. We will get married here so I'm sorting out a house for us and all that stuff."

I can't believe it!

"Are you serious Ed? You are moving back?" I gush and he nods. "As much as I love living in Sydney, I have to be here for my family."

"That's fantastic news my son!" Mum cries out with joy.

Edward is moving back and I'm so happy. There is no longer this long distance between us. Finally, we can be closer than ever.

"Ed, I have a question. Is that your car outside?" I point outside where the Range Rover is in the drive way.

"No. I know I'm late but happy birthday sis. That's your car."

What? That's my car.

No way.

I begin to laugh at how funny this is. He can't be serious.

"You got be kidding me. That's my not my car." "Alison, I'm being dead serious. That's your car. I know you were saving up but I made plans so yeah." Looking outside once again, a grin tugs on my lips as I can't contain my happiness.

That shiny black Range Rover is mine.

I can't wait to drive this car!

"Ed! I hate you for spending so much money on me! It must have cost you a fortune!" I scold and he shrugs in response.

"It's no big deal. Alison, just say thank you. You are always stubborn." Scoffing, I wrap my arms around my brother once again and place a kiss against his cheek.

"Thank you! Now where are the keys?" Ed and my mum laugh at my enthusiasm while he hands me a bunch of keys. "There we go."

"See you later. I'm going to take it for a spin." Once again, they laugh and I smile at the both of them.

"Be careful Ali." Rushing out of the house, I get into the driver's seat of my car and immediately relax into my seat.

"This is my car!" I squeal.

I can finally go anywhere without having to borrow my mum's car or asking someone to take me there.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Alison, you better come downstairs."

Groaning, I squint while looking at the time because I am certain it's not time for me to wake up yet.

Seven A.M

Why is my mum waking me up at Seven A.M!?

I want to sleep in because it's my only time to sleep in!

"Mum, I'm trying to sleep." I mumble into my pillow, trying to fall back to sleep again. "It's Clare. She is uh... drunk." Immediately, I jolt up in my bed and look at her wide-eyed.