Chapter 4

ALISON'S POV

My day has been good. I seem to have a smile on my face ever since Zayn and I parted.

I am in happy buzz and its weird how he can make me all happy and giddy.

I arrived home and mum was at home in the study. I knock on the door and peek my head inside. "Hi."

"Hello love. How did everything go?" "It went great." I smile at her.

"That's good." She smiles. "Is dad here?" "He is upstairs, resting."

"Is he okay?" I whisper sincerely. "Yes. He is okay." Mum brushes it off.

"Can I see the tattoo?" She quickly changes the subject.

"I can't show it yet. It's wrapped up but I will show you later." "What did you get?"

"I got stay strong on my arm." "Oh." Mum whispers, looking down at the desk.

"Reassurance mum. That's all." "Okay." I walk out. "But Ali-" Mum called out, making me turn around to look at her.

"I'm glad you got that tattoo."

¤ ¤ ¤

The night came quickly by and I text Clare to have the day by ourselves tomorrow.

'Hey Clare! Can I come to you tomorrow and sleep there as well? Just the 2 of us.'

I lay down on my bed and wait for a reply from Clare. Five minutes later, my phone beeps.

'Sure! Can't wait! See you tomorrow! xx'

I threw my phone on the other side of the bed and glanced at my tattoo. I really like it a lot but there is so much aftercare I need to do.

All of a sudden, Zayn appears in my head.

I can't stop thinking of him.

His smile. His honey brown eyes. Everything of his physical appearance.

How is it that I met this guy a few hours ago and he is on my mind constantly?

My phone buzzes and I got a text from an unknown number.

'Do you remember that 'murderer' you were hanging out with?'

A grin fell on my lips. Only Zayn would say that. I add Zayn's number to my contacts and reply to his text.

'Yes, I do Zayn :) To clear that statement, you not a murderer.'

'I'm finally off the hook aha :D'

'Yeah, you are. You don't seem like you one. Here is a pic of my tattoo.'

I quickly snap a picture and sent it to him.

'That's a nice tattoo you got there! I like it. Now don't go and mistreat it.'

'I won't. I love it too much haha. I'm tired so maybe chat tomorrow?'

'Sure. Sleep well :)'

And with that, I fell asleep thinking about the man I just met today.

¤ ¤ ¤

A vibrating sound woke me up and I search for my phone that was hidden under my duvet. A text from my mum.

'Have fun at Clare's x'

I had a quick shower and packed a small bag with clothes that I was going to take to Clare and left the house.

A five minute walk down two streets, Clare lives and I knock on the door.

"Hey Alison!" Clare hugs me when she opens up and we went upstairs to her room. I drop my bag on the floor and we both sit down on her bed.

"So, did you get your tattoo yet Ali?" Clare asks zealously. "Yes. I did. I can't really show you now because it's wrapped up for protection."

"Alright. Why didn't you tell me you were going yesterday?" Her lips formed into a pout.

"I'm sorry Clare. I wanted to go alone and you didn't seem so keen on the idea so I thought you would stop me." Clare started laughing.

"No! I wouldn't! It's your choice Ali. I think this a good thing. It's like you breaking your shell that you're in. No one expected you to do this. Never in my life, had I expected you to do this."

"I guess so." "It's okay Ali. You don't have to say sorry." Clare brushes it off. "Let me go make us a cup of our favourite tea." I walk out of her room and into the kitchen, switching on the kettle.

"Ali?" Clare shouts from upstairs. "Yeah?" "Who is Zayn?"

Zayn.

Clare must have my phone!

I drop the box with the tea on the floor, not bothering to pick it up and ran upstairs quickly. I stand in the doorway and she kept her gaze on me. Grabbing my phone out of her hold, there was text from Zayn.

'Hey Alison :) Do you want to go have coffee at Starbucks tomorrow at 2:30 tomorrow?'

I quickly text back.

'Sure. I'll meet you there :)'

I put my phone into my pocket so that Clare can't get hold of my phone.

"Who is Zayn?" "He is no one." I say flatly and she raises her eyebrows. "Oh really? I don't remember you knowing a Zayn and by the way you ran up the stairs doesn't mean he is a no one."

"Clare-" "I am going to know sooner or later. What do you pick?" I groan in annoyance.

"He is just someone I met yesterday at the tattoo parlour." Clare grins like a Cheshire cat.

"I want to know everything."