Chapter 23

ALISON'S POV

Zayn pulls up at the entrance of a shopping centre and I can feel my heart begin to beat fast.

I don't know how things are going to go without Zayn.

It's just me and his family.

"Mum, call me when you ready for me to pick you up alright?" "Okay. Thanks." We all get out of the car and Zayn grabs my wrist just as I am about to get out.

"What's bothering you? You were quiet the whole ride." "I'm a bit nervous." I murmur, looking down at my lap.

"Nervous for what? It's just breakfast with my sisters and mother." "Zayn, you are not going to be with us so it will different. More intimidating."

"Everything is going to be fine. Don't stress yourself babe." He kisses my forehead. "I'll see you later yeah?"

Nodding, I get out of the car and look ahead where his family is waiting by the entrance. Quickly, I pace up to them.

"Sorry about that." I apologise and Tricia waves it off. "There's no need to apologise Alison."

¤ ¤ ¤

"Thank you." Tricia says thanks as the waiter places our breakfast that we ordered, in front of us.

Right now, I am feeling a little bit anxious because Tricia hasn't said much and I am sitting right next to her while the sisters are sitting across from us, engaged in their own conversation.

"Alison, are you at university?" Tricia breaks the silence between the two of us.

"No. I finished high school last year so I'm still deciding what do study. I'm thinking of studying to be a teacher next year."

"Are you eighteen still?" I take a sip of my coffee and shake my head. "No. I turned nineteen recently." "So Zayn is one year older than you." She points out.

"Yes." I take a bite from my muffin while we the two of us remain in silence.

This was really awkward. I really like Zayn's family but without Zayn here, this really weird and I feel like I am about to burst from nervousness.

"You know Alison, I don't want you to be under the impression that I don't like you or that I don't want you to be with Zayn. I like you quite a lot."

Relief washes over me and I feel my body relax by her reassurance.

Thank god.

"But-"

Oh no.

"I just want to tell you that the girlfriends Zayn had in the past were very different to you. You could say they were inappropriate. I didn't like majority of them." She points out in disbelief.

"However, even though you and Zayn just started dating, I can see that he is much happier and you do care for him."

"Mrs Malik, Zayn is really a great person. He has a nice personality with a big heart and he makes me happy. I couldn't ask to be with someone who is better than Zayn."

"I just want the best for him because his past was not so good. I just want to see him moving forward in the right direction and I see you doing that." She smiles.

"Oh and Alison, you can call me Tricia." "Not Patricia?" She chuckles while shaking her head. "I prefer Tricia."

After ten minutes, we all finish up eating our breakfasts. Safaa looks at her mother. "Mum, can we look at some of the shops?"