Chapter 6

ALISON'S POV

I arrived at Starbucks and there he was standing outside, leaning against the wall wearing black skinny jeans, a Nirvana t-shirt and Vans. I get out of the taxi and walk up towards him.

He is smoking once again.

"Hey Zayn." He looks in my direction and smiles. "Hey there." He throws his cigarette in a bin a few steps away from him and stands in front of me.

"Were you waiting here long?" "No. I came five minutes ago. Let's go inside."

We enter the shop, sat down at a table and ordered our coffees. Starbucks is quiet as only a few people sit in the café. It's usually busy all the time so this is odd.

While we were waiting for our coffees, I look at him.

He really is mysterious guy that I am attracted to in some way.

"So, how are you?" Zayn breaks the silence. "I'm good. You?" "Same."

The waiter came with our coffees and we briefly say thanks.

"On Monday, we didn't really get to talk about ourselves really so, what can you tell me about yourself?" I ask.

"Well, I'm an artist and you can see I like tattoos." I take a sip of my coffee. "You can draw?" "Yeah. I would say I'm good. It's my passion. I enjoy doing it and it's a huge hobby of my life." He takes a sip of his coffee and I nod in understanding.

"I would like to see one of your drawings one day." I smile at him. "Really?" He beams. "Of course. I would love to." We both drank our coffees in silence until he began the conversation again.

We often have silence between us and I think it's because we might be nervous or just don't know what to talk about, but I will go with the nervousness.

"You know Alison; I was quite surprised that you came to look for me at the tattoo parlour. Girls I know would never do that. Especially from you, I didn't expect it." All of sudden, my cheeks become warm.

"Uh-"

"You don't have to say anything." Zayn looks at me, smiling. "You quite different than other girls." I sip my coffee looking somewhere else other than him.

I know that he is looking at me and it is making me very shy towards him.

"What can you tell me about yourself?" He changes the subject, maybe noticing that I was feeling a little bit out of my comfort zone.

"Well, I like drawing a little now and then. I guess I inherited from my dad but I love art. Reading. I like singing too. There isn't really interesting about me."

I sound so boring.

"You like singing?" He raises his eyebrows and grins at me. "Yeah?" "In exchange for you to see my drawings, you have to sing for me." "What?" I say startled and he nods.

"I'm not that good and only my family has heard me sing as well as friends." "I'm your friend so what is the difference?" Zayn shrugs.

The difference is that you are some good-looking guy that makes me shy so, I wouldn't want to sing in front of you.

"You can't be bad Alison. Just one song. A verse will be fine with me too." "I will think about it." I shrugged but I know the answer to it already.

"When we finished here, I'm going to take you somewhere." "Where?" "Don't worry." He smiles. After ten minutes, we both finish our coffees and I take out my purse. "Don't worry. I'll pay. My treat." Zayn says in reassurance.