Chapter 14

ALISON'S POV

"Alison, I know I've probably said this so many times but you really look so beautiful tonight."

Chuckles escape from my mouth. "Thanks Zayn. I think you can stop though." "Really? I don't think so." He looks at me momentarily and I blush.

"Unfortunately Monday, I have to go back to work." "Pity. I won't be seeing so much of you then." He pouts and I shake my head. "I work from nine to two so, I can see you after work."

"That's fine. Next Wednesday I'm having another gig. Clare can come if she wants." Zayn suggests. "Sure. I'll let you know."

I want to ask about Jay but then I know it would spoil our evening and he might not want to talk about it.

Tonight is about us. No one else.

"So, where are we going?" I ask and he smiles at me playfully. "You will see babe."

¤ ¤ ¤

We arrive at a restaurant somewhere quiet in London after driving for twenty minutes. Walking inside hand in hand, there were quite a few people seated already. At the back of the restaurant, there is a massive stage where people can sing karaoke. Currently no one is singing at the moment.

Zayn and I sit at a table right in the corner of the restaurant. All of a sudden a man appears on stage dressed in a formal suit.

"Evening everyone!" He says enthusiastically and some of the people begin to cheer and clap.

"Tonight is a very special night because it's karaoke night! We going to pick people from the audience at random this evening and we will take volunteers. If the spotlight lands on your table, you have to sing. Let's see who is going to sing."

The spotlight begins to move across the room and people wait anxiously. Our waiter approaches our table again to get our drink orders.

"Hi. What can I get you anything to drink?" She smiles at us. "I'll have an apple martini, please." I say and she writes it down. "And for you, sir?" "Double scotch for me, please." The woman nods at us walks away quickly.

All of a sudden a bright, white light lands on our table and I widen my eyes in shock.

Oh no!

"It looks like we found our first pair singing." Zayn gets up from the table and turns to me, extending his hand out. "I'm not singing! You took me here especially just to hear me sing!" I scold and he chuckles.

I don't like singing in front of an audience. Especially strangers.

"Well, you did see my drawings so you are going to sing." Zayn grabs my hand before I could even protest.

We walk onto the stage and I feel anxious by the second. Zayn whispers to the man and nods. The tune started playing and I feel relieved that it's a song I know - Enrique Iglesias and Whitney Houston 'Can I Have This Kiss Forever'

Luckily, I was not going to sing first but does he know all those high notes I have to sing?!

I feel all hollow inside and feel like I am going to be sick. The audience is quite big and it makes me more anxious. Looking at Zayn, he has a smile on his face begins to sing.

"Over and over I look in your eyes. You are all I desire. You have captured me. I want to hold you. I want to be close to you. I never want to let go."