Chapter 16

ALISON'S POV

Monday morning - back to work.

I arrived at work and Clare was already there, busy settling herself in.

To be honest, two weeks away from work seemed long enough to make me not want to go back which is very bad.

Clare and I have gotten very laxative and getting up for work this morning was probably not the easiest.

"Morning." Clare hugs me with a smile on her face. The manager, Anne walks up to us. "Morning girls. How was your holiday?" "It was great." Clare says

"Fantastic." I add. "Nice. Girls, there is a few customers, so go see if they need help." Anne waves us away and we head in a different direction than her.

"Zayn is having a gig on Wednesday, so you have to come because you didn't come to his last one." "Yes I will, because I'm free. No family gatherings." She laughs and a smile appears on my lips.

"How was that night?" "It was good and the usual gran Violet giving me bed socks. Alison, remind me to give that away to some charity or old-age home." She mutters in annoyance and I chuckle.

"Shame and the next gig, I'm singing with him. He asked me to."

"What? Really? I will be definitely coming! Just tell me when." She gushes and I chuckle at her excitement.

"I'll tell you. Don't worry. Quickly, we have to go help customers before they complain and we get shouted at."

¤ ¤ ¤

Two is the time I get off from work along with Clare. Work wasn't really busy, so that's good for our first day back I am never been so happy to leave because I was getting really restless.

Two weeks holiday has really made me so restless.

"Alison, you can go now." "Thanks. I will see you tomorrow Anne." I walk behind the counter to get my bag and left the store to find Clare already outside waiting for me.

"Shall I take you home?" "No thanks Clare. I'm just going to walk around for a bit and do some shopping for necessities." I brush off and she nods.

"Okay. See you tomorrow Ali." Walking away in a different direction, I scratch in my bag for my phone and bump into someone obviously.

"I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologised and once I looked up, my breathing immediately got stuck in my throat. "Hello Alison."

Oh no. I can't believe this is happening.

"Daniel." I whisper, still trying to grasp the concept that he is here in front of me.

Daniel - my ex-boyfriend. Three months ago before I met Zayn.

Daniel was cheating while he was dating me and of course I found out. This is a major surprise seeing him because he moved to Manchester a couple of weeks after I broke up with him.

"How are you?" He asks. "I'm good, thanks." I answer hastily.

I want to get away from him quickly.

"Why don't you and I catch up over coffee?" Immediately, I shook my head in disagreement. "I'm sorry. I can't." "Please Alison. It's just coffee." He pleads and I pierce my lips together.

I really don't want to but what can he do to me? And I would love to hear the excuses he has.

"Okay, but I can't stay long."

After a five minute walk of silence down the road, we arrive at a coffee shop one street down. Sitting down, I clear my throat to start talking.

I really want this to be quick.

"So, how's life?" I ask Daniel. "It's going good. I have moved back to London to study Engineering." I took a sip from my coffee, nodding.

"That's nice."

Great. He is back. Just exactly what I need right now.

"What about you?" He asks, his green eyes staring into my blue ones. "It's going great." I say flatly and Daniel takes a sip from his coffee. "That's good. Alison, have you moved on?" He asks abruptly and I raise my eyebrows at him.

Of course he would ask that question.

"Yes. I have." "I haven't. I want you back Alison. It's not the same." He says incoherently which makes me laugh at him.

This is some stupid joke.

"Really? Well, it didn't seem like it when you went out with that bítch behind my back while we were dating. What happened to her? She cheated on you?" I smile sweetly at him and his eyes widen by the choice of words I chose.

"Besides that, I have a boyfriend." I add, making him fully aware I have moved on. "No. Actually she didn't. I left her. Are you serious about having a boyfriend?" He asks with his voice full of interest and hurt.

"Yes. Why would I lie about something like that? Let me tell you something for nothing, he is way better than you. He isn't an idiot like you are."

"Wow Alison. I know I acted like a jerk and I would like to say sorry." Once again I laugh at his stupidity.

If only he could hear himself right now.

"You are only apologising only now? Wow. You're unbelievable Daniel! Grow up and move on because there is no way I'm coming back to you at all."

My phone started vibrating on the table and I try to remain calm when I see who is calling.

Bad timing Zayn!

Daniel looks at my phone and raises his eyebrows. "Zayn hmm?" He coos while I press 'ignore' for now.

"Not going to answer your boyfriend?" He smirks. "I will phone him back besides, it's none of your business." I take money out of my purse and put it on the table, standing up.

"Bye Daniel. Don't go looking for me. Stay out of my life like you have been for three months until now." With that being said, I walk out the coffee shop and sigh in relief.

I am so glad that is over.

Scratching in my bag for my phone, I call Zayn back.

"Hey Zayn. Sorry I didn't answer your call. I was busy."

Busy sorting out my ex.

"It's okay. I just wanted to say that I'm going out with some friends tonight and they said it's strictly just guys. No girlfriends, so unfortunately I won't see you today."

"That's a pity. I'll be fine. You have your fun." I brush off.

"Sorry Ali. I'll call you tomorrow and we'll go out?" "Yeah. It's fine, really."

"Okay anyway, I have to go. Bye babe." "Bye." I hang up and sighing in relief once again.

Zayn wasn't taking me out tonight. That is good because my mood has been spoiled by Daniel and there was no way I'm telling Zayn about this.

He doesn't have to know about this.

But Daniel is back. For a while.

And by all costs I was going to avoid him because I know that he will try to do something which will cause trouble.

I am over Daniel because he surely didn't deserve any love from me after what he did to me.

Now that he is back, he has to stay anyway from me. But not only me.

Zayn included.