Chapter 24

ALISON'S POV

A new day has come.

Yesterday was not my day at all.

My mother saw me having a break down and she had to try to calm me. Once I had calm down, I told her about the dinner for this evening. She told me everything was going to work out but I can see that she was panicking on the behalf of me.

I wasn't working this weekend but I called Anne to ask if I can come in. It will take my mind off things because right now I have a lot of my plate.

"Alison." A voice says, interrupting me from thoughts.

Right now, I am busy at work along with Clare and she is talking about some weird thing that happened to her today.

"I was listening." "You are deep in thought. Do you want to talk about it?" She murmurs concerned and I shake my head. "I'm okay. Nothing is wrong." I gave her a reassuring smile but I know that I'm not fine.

"Okay."

My phone begins to ringing and Zayn's name appears on the screen.

"Hey babe. I wanted to tell you that I made reservations at seven for us." "Okay. So I'll see then?"

"Yeah. I'll text you the address where we will be having dinner."

"No problem. Bye." I hang up. "Zayn?" Clare smiles and I nod.

"Yeah. My mum and I are joining his family for dinner tonight."

After a couple of hours, my shift at work was over, so I decided to go visit my dad. As I leave the store, my phone beeps.

A text from Zayn that has the address where we were going to have dinner tonight.

I just hope everything works out.

Arriving at the hospital twenty minutes later, I walk into the room where my dad is being kept. A nurse is currently standing by his bed and once she sees me, she immediately walks up to me.

"Are you Mr Brooks' daughter?" "Yes." "He has been asking for you the whole day long." He chcukles and a male doctor enters into the room.

"Catherine, I need your help." He says frantically. She briefly waves me farewell and leaves the room.

I sit down by father's bed and held his hand. "Dad I am here. Don't worry." I whisper and my dad stirs in his sleep, blinking his eyes open to adapt to the bright white light.

"Alison. Darling." He says in a hoarse voice and looks at me. "I'm here dad." "I missed you." "I miss you too. I'm so sorry I haven't been visiting you lately." I whisper as I feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"Zayn's family is here, so I have spending time with them. Tonight mum and I are going out for dinner with them." He sighs in sadness and feel my heart pinch. "I see."

I know that my dad wants to be there tonight to meet Zayn and his family but in the condition he is in at the moment, it's not so great.

"I wish you came with us tonight. I still haven't told him." "I still want to meet him soon though." "You will dad. I just haven't really found the right time."

"It's so hard to talk about you and your condition so I am trying to gather all the courage to tell him." I mutter and dad brings his hand up to my face.

"Ali, you can do it. You can't keep this away from him alright because you need support."

¤ ¤ ¤