Day 77

Dear Diary,
Mom was called into school today. She had a meeting with all my teachers...

They told her how I was behaving in class. They all spoke like I wasn't sitting there as they talked about me. What made it even worse was when mom informed them about my illness.

I hated how their looks changed from disappointment to pity. I hate pity. I hate it and I don't want or need it.

I was so annoyed I left the office and went straight to the car. Not caring that it wasn't even lunch time.

After a short while mom came out and jumped in the car as well. At first she was quite as she stared at the steering wheel.

'Annabel I don't like how your grade are at the moment'

She had said calmly to me. I was already annoyed so I didn't reply.

'Annabel are you listening!'

That was when I snapped.

'Why worry about grades mom! I'm dying! I don't need to worry about things like that anymore! 76 more days after today and you won't have to worry about me'

She bursted into tears. At that moment I didn't care. I was too angry. Jumping out of the car I ignored her pleads to get back in. I walked home.

That night I shut myself in my room. I didn't go down for dinner. I didn't open the door when mom wanted to talk. I didn't even answer Eddies calls or messages.

I just sat alone in my room. Drowning in the misery that was my life.

Love,
Annabel