Day 72

Dear Diary,
I woke up this morning no longer feeling sorry for myself. I said sorry to mom for the way I had been acting lately... It wasn't her fault that I was like this. She smiled back with a few tears in her eyes, pulling me into her arms and kissing my forehead.

I spent that morning with her until she had to leave at nine for work.

After she left I had a couple of hours to myself before Eddie came over and knocked on my door. Already knowing that he was coming I got ready earlier.

He smiled as he saw me and kissed my cheek. I'm pretty sure I blushed. But why would I be blushing!? I don't like Eddie more than a friend.... Do I?

I chose to ignore that thought for now so I could enjoy my time with Eddie. We jumped in his car as he drove us somewhere. When I asked where we were going he said it was a surprise.

It wasn't until we got To the next town over that I got excited when I saw the familiar ice skating rink. I use to come here a lot when I was younger.

We spent most of the day playing around on the ice. It was fun. I laughed when I found out that it was eddies first time skating. He had a little trouble at the beginning and it was quite hilarious to watch him fall on his bottom.

But it didn't take long until he got use to it. Like everything else, Eddie was a natural at skating.

We played around the rink for a few hours until we got hungry. He brought me lunch which consisted of a hotdog, chips and a soda.

I blushed when an elderly couple comment on us saying how cute we were together. How nice it was to be young and in love.

But I blushed even more when I realised something....

I was falling in love with Eddie.

And then crashing realisation hit me. I was falling in love with Eddie and I was going to die.

I was going to die in 72 days.

Love,
Annabel