Day 45

Dear Diary, 

I was so nervous as I sat in the waiting room with Eddie by my side. It was just him and I. Mom decided that she would stay at home for this appointment seeing as I had Eddie with me. My hands were shaking as my palm started heavily sweating as we sat in silence. 

The only sound was the occasionally cough from the middle aged man beside me and the crying of the small baby as the young mother held her in her arms across the isle.

My lip was numb from the consent chewing as my name was called.

After going through the usual check up I was asked questions, such as:

'Have you been feeling sick lately?'  Not more than usual.

'Have you coughed up any blood?' Only a speck here and there, not much.

'Do you have the usual appetite?' No, I don't get that hungry lately as I usually once did.  

'Is there any pain around your body?'My throat has been feeling a bit raw, a drink of water helps though and sometimes I get a headache.

After the questions, I did feel slightly embarrassed as Eddie was beside me the whole time hearing my answers. But it faded as he only showed me true support, his hand never leaving mine. Once we were finished at the hospital, Eddie dropped me back off at home.

I bid him goodbye with a hug and a kiss as he tells me goodnight saying he would see me in the morning once he picked me up for our road trip. 

I smiled and nodded towards him.

Let's just say I wasn't getting a lot of sleep this night as it was currently 11:46 pm and I was still up with excitement writing my diary. 

Love,

Annabel