Day 41

Dear Diary, 

This morning I woke up coughing, specks of blood stained my palm as I quietly tip-toed into the bathroom- careful not to wake Eddie. I spent most of the early morning there, desperately trying to hold off my coughing and the vomit that was threatening to come out. 

Once I was sure that I was going to be okay, I then went downstairs and began to make breakfast for the both of us. But not before taking my medicine that sat in my handbag on the couch in the lounge. 

While i was nearly done cooking the last of the bacon, Eddie came down stairs in his boxers and shirt. He had a sleepy face on him that I found so adorable I just wanted to stare. He came up to me and gave me a kiss.

We were so into it that we didn't pull apart until the smell of smoke filled our senses as the bacon began to burn. In a rush I turned around and took the crispy burnt strips off the stove and threw them into the rubbish bin as the were more charcoal than food. 

We sat there for a bit before we began to laugh. So without bacon we ate the toast and eggs, sitting at the bench while talking. I didn't want to tell Eddie about me coughing blood this morning as I didn't want to worry him.

So when he asked about the spots of dried blood that I failed to notice going down the back on my arm, I lied. 

Telling him that I had cut myself while cooking breakfast. 

Sorry for lying to you Eddie.....

Love,

Annabel