Chapter 1

I was so nervous I literally felt the vomit in my mouth. I couldn't believe I was finally here. A Demi Lovato concert. Every Lovatic's dream. And I was here with my best friends Katie and Adi. I was especially glad Adi came. I'd been trying to get her hooked on Demi to see if her music could help Adi stop cutting. Demi's music had helped tons of lovatics worldwide stop cutting and I'd like Adi to be one of those people. I never totally understood Adi and her eating disorder and cutting but I knew she had to stop. Adi and I weren't as close as Katie and I but some things I felt we're easier to talk about with her. Every time I talked about a guy I liked to Katie I just felt weird. I know she'd always try to be helpful but it just didn't feel completely right. I talked about girls with Katie and boys with Adi. It was just easier that way. Once we found our seats I started freaking out. "Oh my god! I'm going to be feet away from my idol!!!"

"Dude chill. She still doesn't know you exist." Katie could be such a downer sometimes.

"Well she'll know Yesenia exists once we get an autograph ."Adi smiled as she said that. I could just feel a bad idea coming on.

"What do you mean once we get an autograph? I'm not doing that. I will faint and she'll think I'm a complete loser. Let's not?"

" Yesenia. You've been bitching about getting her autograph since 8th grade. And you're finally at a concert. Here is your chance." Adi looked convinced and suddenly I didn't want to be here anymore. Katie was about to say something when the crowd went nuts. We looked at the stage and saw demi come out. Waving and smiling to all the lovatics. I couldn't help but smile and feel butterflies in my stomach. At first her Brooke shields eyebrows bugged me but now I thought they just made her even more adorable. As the concert went on I started to get hungry. So Adi pulled out the McDonald's we bought before coming here. It definitely came in handy. As I was eating my mcChicken Demi suddenly stopped singing.

"Guys, I'm sorry but I totally smell McDonald's right now. Who wants to share?" She winked then chuckled a little. We were pretty close but I mean could you really smell it? She went on singing and ended the set with for the love of a daughter. That song made me cry everytime. The lyrics were so relatable to me. It's one of the reasons I love Demi. Her songs are so relatable. She has daddy issues like me. But unlike me she's actually met her father. I only knew him when I was a baby. He left my mom and I when I was 6 months old and not once has he tried to get to know me. We have no communication whatsoever. It used to bug me when I was a kid but when I turned 10 I didn't care anymore. When she finished the song I noticed the tears welling in her eyes. Adi noticed mine and asked if I was okay. "Yeah I'm fine just ya know reliving daddy problems with Demi. Ha ha." As we were walking to where Adi parked her car(practically across the fucking lot) we noticed Demi coming out of a door. Adi suddenly smiled and said " Yesenia it's your chance! She's waiting for her car alone!GO!"

"No way! I'm too scared."

Adi rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand.

"You're going to meet her and get an autograph. Maybe then you'll stop bitching about everything."

I laughed and thought 'this is why we're friends. You make me do things you know I want to do but am too scared to do'. And it was true Adi had balls which made up for my cowardness. She dragged me all the way to where Demi was standing. When she noticed us she smiled and I could feel my legs about to give. Adi was the one who talked first.

"Hi. We don't mean to bother or anything but my friend is a huge lovatic and would love your autograph. If you don't mind." I looked at her and said ,without thinking.

"Since when are you that polite to anyone Adeline?!" Demi laughed a little and I could feel my cheeks turn red.

"I don't mind at all." Then she looked directly at me. " So you're the one who had the mickey D's?"

I looked down at my other hand which still held our trash.

"Yup. I couldn't afford Burger King tonight."

She laughed again as I handed her a pen and a copy of unbroken I'd picked up on the way out. She signed it and handed it back to me. As we turned around to leave she called us back.

"You don't want a picture?"

"I do but I look terrible. It'd be like having the hobbit and Glenda the good witch in a picture together." She laughed again and this time I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"You're really funny and I happen to find hobbits adorable!" I blushed again. " Come on take a picture with me."

I gave in and stood next to her as Adi took a picture.

"Thanks. It was really awesome meeting you. You're the best." I smiled and she hugged me. For a second I just stood there stupefied. Then I hugged her back. When we pulled away her car got there and she got in as she said bye. When madi and I walked back to her car she said I told you you'd be happy you did it. And I was. "The picture and autograph are so being framed." We all laughed and began the two hour drive home.

The next day when I woke up I got the worst news ever. I came out of my room to find my mom next to a man. I had no idea who he was but he just kept smiling at me. " Mom...who's this?" My mom looked a little pissed and simply said "Your dad."