Chapter 7

The next days were pretty much the same. Tutoring madi was pretty easy. She just needed to learn to focus. I had dinner with her family a couple times and met Dallas. She was super nice. She was my first actual friend in Dallas. We've hung out a few times and I've had fun. It's different from when I'd hang out with my friends. I was just, more feminine. At school I'd managed to make one new friend. Rayne. She's a junior but cool nonetheless. She's sporty and super pretty. I have three classes with her because she a freaking genius. I've hung out with her a couple times and I've had fun. My life in Dallas was beginning to take shape. Leo and I were somewhat closer. I could tell that he's actually trying so I'm trying to make my best effort. It's just hard because every time we have a father/daughter moment I get reminded of the 16years without a male role model. Anyways I was tutoring madi when I saw Demi again. We were on learning exponents and writing an ode poem when there was a knock on the door. Madi went and opened it and screamed. I turned around and saw her give Demi a gigantic hug.

"Oh Demi I've missed you so much!!"

"Me too kid! Awh you've gotten so big!"

She stepped inside and saw me. Her face went from happy to confused.

"Well if it isn't my favorite hobbit."

She smiled and I stood up to say hi.

"Demi you know my tutor?"

"I met her at a concert in San Francisco. What are you doing here?"

"I'm tutoring madi. I moved here with my dad a while back ago and got offered the job. It's nice to see you again."

She came closer and hugged me.

"You too. Now if you don't mind I'd like to know your real name."

"It's Yesenia."

"I haven't heard a name like that. I like it."

She smiled again and greeted her parents who were now downstairs. A part of me felt like I was intruding so I slowly packed up my things.

Demi caught me and said "hey hobbit! You aren't going anywhere ,stay for dinner."

She smiled and I honestly have no will power against that smile.

"I wouldn't want to impose. I've had dinner here like a million times. Haha"

Mrs. De La Garza also suggested I stay for dinner and I did. Normally Mrs. DLG made food that wasn't heavy and I wouldn't have the need to throw up but tonight she made ribs and caesar salad with a potato salad. Because I have manners and was taught to be polite I had a small serving of everything. And by small I mean seriously only like half scoop of potatoes and salad and only one rib. I felt insanely full after I finished but they insisted I have more since I barely ate. I had another rib to show them I had eaten more but once I finished it my stomach started rumbling. I felt the food in my throat and felt like throwing up. I excused myself and went into the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and looked at myself. 'Your so fat Yesenia . Two ribs? Really? Your pants don't fit as is and your most likely going to reach a size 12 jean again.' Was all I kept thinking. I kneeled down in front of the toilet and stuck my index finger all the way into my mouth. I threw up everything I ate and felt even worse afterwards. I rinsed my mouth with water and Listerine. I opened the door only to find Demi there.

"Who's stalking who Demetria?" I raised an eyebrow at her thinking she'd giggle but her face was serious and stern.

"I heard barfing noises. What were you doing in there?"

Oh shit. I hadn't planned on someone listening.

"Nothing just what people do in the bathroom."

I tried to play it off casually but Demi wasn't having it.

"Don't lie to me. I know you were throwing up. Just tell me why? Don't like ribs?"

"It's not that it's just that I was really full and felt a little sick." She seemed to have bought that answer and smiled.

"Well then let's get you a sodium bicarbonate."

We walked back into the dinning room and I thanked Mr and Mrs. DLG for dinner. Demi walked me to the door.

"When your ready to tell me just call me."

She handed me a piece of paper with her number on it and shut the door. I walked to my car and realized I could lie to my best friends, I could lie to my family, but for some odd reason I couldn't create a convincing enough lie for Demi.