Chapter 4

We pulled up to a ginormous house in a nice neighborhood. It looked like something you'd find in Beverly Hills. It was freaking beautiful. He saw me and said "It's beautiful right? Wait until you see your room. Your brother and sister are at school and my wife Linda is at work. Let me give you the tour."

He showed me inside and it was beautiful. He showed me my room and I almost died. It was the size of my apartment! It had its own bathroom! It was beautiful.

"Thanks Leo its awesome. And so big! I love it."

"I hope you start calling me dad soon. And here let me show you your welcome home present."

I put my bag down and her set my suitcases on the floor. We went down the staircase,which was made of marble, and into the garage. Even the garage was bigger than my apartment! It had only one car in it. But you could tell it fit five. The car was beautiful. It was a black range rover. I'd always dreamed of owning one. Heck I dreamed of a car period. Leo moved towards the rover and held up the keys.

"Welcome home sweetie."

He smiled and threw me the keys. I caught them still stunned by the fact that the rover was mine!

"No way! I've always wanted a range rover! Oh my god this is epic! Thanks Leo!"

If he was trying to buy some affection it was totally working. One thing I hated about myself was my greediness. He led me out of the garage and he said I should go unpack. I headed to my room but before I walked in I passed a room that caught my eye. The color of the walls were hot pink and the bed comforter was zebra print. I guessed this room belonged to my half sister Jessica. I couldn't picture having half siblings. I mean I have Dustin but like I said I don't actually categorize him as a half sibling. He is simply my brother. These guys on the other hand were half siblings. I walked into my room and sighed.I unpacked and spent the rest of the day in my room. Leo came in my room a couple of hours later and told me to come down and meet my family. 'Your family not mine Leo' was what I thought and almost said but I didn't want to be rude. I went downstairs and saw a boy with brown hair and eyes and fairly brown skin.

"This is Luis your brother. Luis say hi to your sister Yesenia ."

He came over and gave me a hug.

"Welcome to the family."

He seemed really nice. Then I met Linda his wife. And my stepmother.

"Hi sweetie I've heard a lot about you Im glad you finally came to meet us."

"It's nice to meet you as well."

Finally I met my half sis Jessica.

"Jessica this is your sister Yesenia."

She looked about 11 and seemed pretty nice.

"I'm so glad I have a big sister! I've always wanted one!"

She hugged me for what seemed like the longest time. I awkwardly hugged her back and smiled. I couldn't judge them or hate them just because they were Leo's other kids. They didn't seem to be doing that with me so why should I? After the introductions we sat down at the dinner table and I learned that Luis goes to Ivy and he said he'd show me around. They were all being super nice so when I laid down to go to sleep I decided I'd give this place a try. When I was getting read for bed Leo knocked on my door.

"Come in."

He walked inside with a smile and sat on my bed.

"So how do you like it so far?"

"It's okay I guess. I'd prefer to be at home with my mom and friends but whatever."

"I'm hoping you'll come around sweetie. I love you Yesenia."

I smiled awkwardly.

"Leo I have a question."

"What is it?"

"How can you afford this house? It must cost a fortune."

"Well after I scammed the woman I left your mom for I began to dabble in the stock market. There I earned even more money and when I had enough I decided to continue my education. Now I have a masters in business and I'm still investing. Which is how I can afford all of this."

"Wow."

"You should get some sleep you have a big day tomorrow."

He walked out and left me alone in my room. As I was about to fall asleep it finally had sunk in. I'm going to be the new girl.Awesome.