Chapter 31

~*6 Months Later*~

After months of treatment I'm finally out! Just one last goodbye session with my therapist Dr.Davis. Timberline Knolls is amazing and it's been so relaxing not having the temptation of sneaking out enter my thoughts all the time. Even if I wanted to sneak out I couldn't, they have a lot more security than Casa De Coqui did. As I'm packing my things my roommate Kelcey walks in.

"It sucks you're leaving Yesenia! I've grown quite attached to you," she says as she comes towards me.

She wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. I hug her back just as tight. Having a roommate made things easier, and I had a friend here.

"I'll miss you to Kelcey but you know you can always call and once you're out of here we're definitely hanging out."

She smiles and pulls away.

"Can I help you finish packing?"

"Sure but I don't have many things to pack."

Kelcey smiles and walks to my chest of drawers. She hands me some shirts and shorts. When she suddenly stops I look up and see her holding Demi's jade necklace in her hands.

"Yesi this is a beautiful necklace why don't you ever wear it?"

"It's not mine, I mean it is but I intend to give it to someone special."

"Was it that girl you were telling me about?"

I smile and nod.

"Yeah I just hope she hasn't moved on, I want her back so badly."

"I'm sure she hasn't Yesi."

I take the necklace from Kelcey and place it neatly in my suitcase.

"I'm pretty sure that's everything kelcey."

"Are you sure? You aren't forgetting anything you spent the last six months writing?"

I brought the palm of my hand up to my forehead. How could I have forgotten?

"My book! I'm so dumb thanks for reminding me Kelcey!"

"No prob."

I walked over to my matress and took the journal from under it. I'd written everything that's happened to me in the form of a story. I've changed the names so no one knows that Denise is actually Demi. My therapist has talked to me about getting it published and I actually do want to publish it. I've found comfort in writing narratives, something that I hadn't really done before. I finish packing and head to my therapist's office.

"Dr. Davis?"

"Come in Yesenia I've been expecting you."

I walk in, hug him, and sit down.

"Have you packed everything up?"

"Yeah I just finished, Kelcey helped."

"Well you're all set aren't you?"

I nod.

"I'm so proud of you Yesenia, you've come so far. How do you feel being let out today?"

"To be honest a little scared. I mean I haven't been out in the real world for months. I spent New Years and Christmas here. At the same time I'm very excited! I want to see my parents, my brothers and sister, and my friends. I've missed them all so much."

"And I know they've missed you just as much."

"I sure hope so!"

"Yesenia I have some very good news for you," he says trying to supress a smile.