Chapter 27

Everyone left me alone around 11:30 to sleep but that was the last thing I wanted to do. I got up from my bed and went to my drawer. In between a pair of t-shirts I hid a pair of scissors. It's not what you think. I find them and walk to my bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror I see my golden complexion and shining brown eyes. Tilting my head to the side I notice how long my hair is. I need a change, I need to change myself and that's exactly what I intend to do. Grabbing a section of my hair I start cutting. I cut it all off, only leaving it a few inches above my shoulders. Cutting my hair isn't enough, I need to continue with this change. Walking back to my dresser I pull out all my clothes from it and then from my closet. I cut the shirts so that it cuts off just under my breasts. I cut my shorts even shorter and my pants get cut into shorts. I throw away any bras that aren't push ups and any underwear that aren't thongs. This will be the new me. With this new look and new me I leave behind the sorrow. I leave behind all the deaths and pain. Tonight is the death of Yesenia and the birth of Ayanna. I put on a shirt and some shorts. Then I lace up my sneakers and pull on a beanie. My make up can't be light and sweet, that was Yesenia's style, Ayanna is edgy and dangerous. I apply a heavy amount of make up which includes a hefty amount of black eyeshadow and liner but not so much that I look like a raccoon. I apply some lipstick and walk out. Now it's time for the final stage of my transformation,getting inked. It's something Yesenia would never do but Ayanna is dying to get tatted. Sneaking past the front desk is relatively easy due to the recent death. Almost all the staff is in the break room talking about it. Once I'm out I walk along the road until I find a pay phone. I dial Eevie's number and hope she picks up.

"Hello?"

"Eevie! It's Yesenia can you pick me up?"

"Hey there old friend and yeah I'd love to where are you at?"

I give her the address and walk back to the treatment center. I hide near a tree until I see a car pull up beside me.

"Woah you look hot kid!" Eevie says as she eyes me up and down.

"Thanks hun," I say as I get in. After telling Eevie that I want to get a tattoo she says she knows exactly where to go. We drive for what seems like hours until we arrive to a small shop. It reads Antonio's Auto Shop so I wonder why we came here. We hop out and Eevie leads me to a back door. She knocks on it and shouts her name. A bald,cholo looking, guy with a mustache opens the door with a smile.

"What can I help you with Señorita," he says with a thick Mexican accent.

"My friend here wants to get a tattoo we know it's late but come on we're friends right Tony?" He nods and looks over at me. His stare makes me uncomfortable but then I remember who I am. Ayanna uses her sex appeal for power and is not afraid of anything.

I smile devilishly and say "So am I getting inked or not?"

Tony moves to the side to let us in and I walk in before Eevie. He leans in and whispers in my ear.

"Just tell me what kind of ink you want on you mamacita. Black ink or my own personal white ink."

A big part of me wants to run out,drive back and never come out of my room but I can't do that.

"Look I'm just here for a tattoo."

Tony shrugs. "Whatever chica."

We walk in and he leads us to a small room where there's an ink station set up.

"So what were you thinking about getting?"

I actually haven't thought much about it most of my thoughts were about getting to this point. After a few minutes I smile because I know exactly what I want. I tell him and he gets to work. It hurts at first but then Eevie gives me her hand and I squeeze it whenever the pain becomes too much. After a few hours we're finally finished.